Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
Great, then i'll download cssu stable for now.

However, when I got to download "Backupmenu" from the applications manager a message is appearing that says : "APPLICATION LIST PARTIALLY REFRESHED.SOME CATALOGUES UNAVAILABLE.CHECK CATALOGUE DETAILS"

And when I go to check catalogue details the failed catalogues are : Maemo extras-devel, Mozilla multi beta catalog, and Mozilla multi catalog. So, backupmenu is not appearing in the list to download.

On the other hand, when I go to "faster application manager", backupmenu is present , but when I try to download it the following message appears : "Some of your packages have unmet dependencies which could not be fixed".

So, by this I can't download backupmenu and so many applications.

Have any idea what is going wrong?
Probably a couple of things, one a typo in how you set the repositories up. Common typos are freemantle for fremantle or caps where lower case is meant.

When I am setting up repositories, I go to

http://www.nokiadistrict.com/page/19/?s=repositories

from my N900 and click on the links that set up the repositories for me. You would need to delete the repositories as you have set them up now, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Probably a couple of things, one a typo in how you set the repositories up. Common typos are freemantle for fremantle or caps where lower case is meant.

When I am setting up repositories, I go to

http://www.nokiadistrict.com/page/19/?s=repositories

from my N900 and click on the links that set up the repositories for me. You would need to delete the repositories as you have set them up now, of course.
I tried to do as you told me but it still didn't work.

However, when I clicked on the extras-devel, this message showed:
"http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/free/binary-armel/packages.gz Hash some mismatch"

Pal can you realize whats wrong?
Besides, I really thank and appreciate the help that you are offering me!
Attached Images

Last edited by Virtuality; 2011-12-25 at 12:56.

Pals, I've read and read and read until am about to become insane...
I have not found a solution to my problem...
Read so many threads that are kept unsolved...

App manager keeps giving me repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/free/binary-armel/packages.gz Hash some mismatch

repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/non-free/binary-armel/packages.gz Hash some mismatch

??????????????!!!!

Last edited by Virtuality; 2011-12-28 at 13:48.

Also, when I enter to the x terminal:

root
apt-get update

the following occurs: Failed to fetch http:/repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/non-free/binary-armel/packages.gz Hash sum mismatch

Failed to fetch http:/repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/free/binary-armel/packages.gz Hash sum mismatch

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Flaky internet connection? Sounds like a corrupt package list was downloaded.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Flaky internet connection? Sounds like a corrupt package list was downloaded.
I donnt know man... everything used to work normaly until this message started appearing..
how can I know if it is an internet problem?
I am using wifi

any solutions?

Come on guys, I know you can help me!
I am in a rush because I cannt keep my phone stuck in this way for tommorow!I must solve this problem today!

I did a emmc and fiasco image complete reflash for my phone to install CSSU and NITdroid.
Now I cannt download any application and both the CSSU and the NITDroid autoinstaller are giving while installing in the x terminal that the extras-devel cannt be fetched!And so the installation wonnt continue!

Please am stuck and I need to resolve this problem!

Come on guys, I know you can help me!
I am in a rush because I cannt keep my phone stuck in this way for tommorow!I must solve this problem today!

I did a emmc and fiasco image complete reflash for my phone to install CSSU and NITdroid.
Now I cannt download any application and both the CSSU and the NITDroid autoinstaller are giving while installing in the x terminal that the extras-devel cannt be fetched!And so the installation wonnt continue!

Please am stuck and I need your help to resolve this problem!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
As i oppose ruining a perfectly good device with NITdroid (or any other form of Android), i can't help.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Please post the entire output of
Code:
apt-get update
Wrap the output in code tags if you don't mind.

Also tell us the contents of: /var/lib/apt/lists/

Code:
ls /var/lib/apt/lists/

The Following User Says Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post: