Ok so you need the becomeroot package as well
HowTo_EASILY_BecomeRoot
careful tho root is dangerous
ya i wasnt root the first time i tried it. works good thanks
figured it out

says 'Alarm off'

so why the battery drain then?

also, it says at the battery indicator '7 days idle - 2 hours use'

Last edited by Garage Battle; 2007-08-08 at 20:22.

its been 10 hours since it said 7days idle, and its dead. im really getting worried here.

I bought the Nokia N800 on 16th of July and immediatly upgraded the OS. These days I had twice a powerproblem:

Symptoms:
1) not able to restart .
2) hot (not warm) battery while loading.

Solution: shortly remove battery and than restart.

Abel.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Oh man, the battery status indicator is truly hopeless... in the last few minutes I've been listening to FM radion on my 4.2007 device with 3 battery bars left. Via an ssh session (which I'd had open for about 3 hours over WiFi) I more'd the first ten lines of a text file and instantly the "Battery low" warning sounded and I'm now staring at 0 bars left and almost constant "Battery low" warnings (every minute or so).

I don't know if the ssh activity had anything to do with the sudden depletion of battery capacity but really, it can't get much worse than this. The accuracy of the remaining power is woeful and such a vital monitoring feature is in danger of becoming yet another gimmick on this platform.
Active use of wifi really eats power. When you turn yet another chip on in the device, the additional current draw is going to cause the battery voltage to sag and read as a low battery even when it still has some life left in it. Your typical battery meter is simply a digital multimeter sampling the voltage of the battery. Different battery types are going to have different use curves, but if you draw current from a battery at a high rate you are going to get many few amp-hours of capacity out of the battery than if you were drawing current at a low rate. Quite simply, turning a lot of dohickies on at the same time is going to result in very poor battery life. Try to keep the backlight low and turn off bluetooth and wifi when you are not using them and you will get MUCH better battery life.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
Did anyone use this command to browse as root in file manager?

cd /home/user/MyDocs
ln -s / System

Also http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ed=1#post66973

Originally Posted by RioT View Post
Did anyone use this command to browse as root in file manager?

cd /home/user/MyDocs
ln -s / System
why, what does that do?

i left my tablet on the charger 9 hours ago, and the charger indicator on the screen (on the desktop) says its still charging.

how is that possible?

Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Active use of wifi really eats power. When you turn yet another chip on in the device, the additional current draw is going to cause the battery voltage to sag and read as a low battery even when it still has some life left in it. Your typical battery meter is simply a digital multimeter sampling the voltage of the battery. Different battery types are going to have different use curves, but if you draw current from a battery at a high rate you are going to get many few amp-hours of capacity out of the battery than if you were drawing current at a low rate. Quite simply, turning a lot of dohickies on at the same time is going to result in very poor battery life. Try to keep the backlight low and turn off bluetooth and wifi when you are not using them and you will get MUCH better battery life.
no offense, but these things normally go like 3-4 days without a charge with just light usage.

just randomly checked my processes, says i have 86% of my processes being used:

OMAP mCSPI/0
maemo_af_desktop
dbus-daemon
xomap
icd
udhcpc
osso-connectivity

are at the top

when i start the browser it pegs 100%, then levels off to 72% and holds there. that normal?

killing my wifi connection drops cpu usage to 6%. is this possible something related to using a wifi connection with WPA? going out for more testing.

Last edited by Garage Battle; 2007-08-09 at 16:38.

went out testing today, here is what i found:

tether to cell phone: 11% cpu usage at idle
open wireless network in my complex: 11% cpu usage at idle
my home dlink F5D7230-4 WPA secure router: 80% cpu usage at idle

so thats whats killing it. im gonna try my wep router tonight and see if it helps.

while connected to the WPA network the tablet is constantly transferring data. its been 5:30seconds and its already transfered 3mb of data. no clue wtf is going on.

Last edited by Garage Battle; 2007-08-09 at 18:54.