Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Open the damn box,

16 is great. Go Spotify and wimp, video, n9 is not great on that area so you don't need any of that. In fact, I'm not even sure way you need 16, 8 would be enough.

Just open the case...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Coming from 32GB N900 - I had never gone to more than 10GB used. I have never deleted a photo, having like ~1400 on it.I am not not much of music fan though so there was less than 1 GB on it, just some hard-rock classics
Now I own 64GB N9 which looks like overkill to me, but I have gone for the white color. Looking from another angle to it, I am happy that I have this 64GB now 'cause otherwise I would have always had doubts "I should have spent the money and bought 64GB white one!"
My advice to @user_nameless - see if you can easily sell the one you got now for a day or two, then get 64GB. If you can not sell it so fast on a reasonable price - just open it and enjoy!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
My N9 stats are

9.5GB - for User data
4.2Gb - for Installed apps
2.1GB - for Application data
In total there is 15.79GB available

I got 500 photos and over 900 songs on the phone with 4GB user data free. If you plan to have music, convert it to .mp4a with 144Hz compression and you won't see a loss in quality but will save LOADS of space.

Guide how to convert to .mp4a
Software download for .mp4a

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Uless you want to listen to higher qualty music in FLAC format. I would rather go for 64gb.

I'm taking zlatko's advise .... I've put the phone up for sale on craigs and if I don't get any responses in the next couple of days, I'll just use the damn beauty ...

Oh, and I did open the phone up (just the external packaging) and wow .... what a looker! At this point I feel that, aside from a quick local sale, there is little point to going through the circus and anxiety of selling, waiting for money, waiting for 64 gb stock, waiting for arrival ......

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes, you should go for the 64g. I got the 16gb black, and its a choice i regret almost every day. Just going from the n900 with plenty of storage to the n9, I almost feel a bit handicapped.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I too got the (black) 16g just because I couldn't wait. I'm fine with it and my only concern is that easy.debian or nitdroid or any other os i would.want to fit in would take up all the space. On the N900 you jist swapped sd's and all was ok. On the other hand I love cyan...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I cant speak for anyone else but 64GB is perfect for me - though sometimes I wish it had an SD card. When I travel i download and take with me 20+ movies (flights, quiet times). I also have 20GB of music and i take a LOT of photos/videos (how can you not?). I also store a lot of personal files so use it as a flash drive. And i also downloaded maps of continents I imagine I could end up unplanned and then would wish I had downloaded offline maps. a little paranoid.

This is what i wanted and I have it. This is the reason why I never bought the Galaxy Nexus as 16GB for me would mean I would have to remove files quite often. But that is just me. All about use cases.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
yes, you should go for the 64g. I got the 16gb black, and its a choice i regret almost every day. Just going from the n900 with plenty of storage to the n9, I almost feel a bit handicapped.
That's right. If one is eyeing the Black-N9 - one should definitely go for the 64GB.

Idea-2: If one is eyeing the 64GB - one should definitely go for the White-N9. Why? -'coz it's Unicorn u c, sexy but suave!

Catch-22?

But, if colors is the choice - 16GB is all u have.

Qorax

thank you all for your suggestions ... like I said, if I can sell it easily (and without too much of a dent), then I'll go for the 64gb. Having not ever had that much space on a phone before, I guess I won't know what I am missing. My old iphone was 8 gb and my current lg optimus is even smaller without the added on sd card.

In the end I'll learn to live with it just fine I'm sure. I'll try not to think about what I could have gotten (haha), but focus on the phone ... of course this sentiment might change in a flash if someone locally actually wants the phone in the next day or so!

The Following User Says Thank You to user_nameless For This Useful Post: