Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's possible to pack your own firmware images without any keys - the caveat is that flashing them will put your phone into open mode no matter what starting with the PR1.2 bootloader version.

The procedure is to:

• Unpack FIASCO image using flasher 3.5
  • Unpack sparse image (rootfs.jffs2) using unlzo.py
  • Mount rootfs image as an ext4 loopback device
  • Do what you'd like
  • Unmount rootfs
  • Repack sparse image using sparsify.py
  • Build FIASCO image from sparse image and layout file using fiasco-gen
  • Flash FIASCO image to device using flasher 3.12.1

It isn't very easy to do, and most of those steps have to be done from a Linux system. Also, realistically, it isn't all that useful - though I released sparsify hoping that someone would do it anyway. If you really want to pack a custom image I'd help out with more info.

Edit: On second thought, one potential use would be for quick deployment of NITDroid, but IIRC e-yes wasn't too interested in this.
Thank you! By these steps I have successfully packed a firmware and flashed. With a little adjustment to the last step. The only problem is the warning picture when booting up, "disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode" won't work at all,I don't know how could I remove it.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lzs2000131 View Post
Thank you! By these steps I have successfully packed a firmware and flashed. With a little adjustment to the last step. The only problem is the warning picture when booting up, "disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode" won't work at all,I don't know how could I remove it.
remove command can only be runned in _closed_ mode (which is stated in all the FAQ's, so there is no problem, just user error when reading the instructions :-)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.