Active Topics

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
can we use dpkg to collect files into backup and then restore backup onto device?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I dont agree with this policy, but its a very usual situation for appstores. Playstation Network uses this policy too, so its not something unique to OVI. And, iirc, its stated in the term and conditions of ovi, so you could have known in advance.
I have downloaded many applications from Google Store and the Amazon store many many times, and have never seen any hint of a limit of downloads. I have had several tablets which makes the number of downloads quite large -- I would guess that I have downloaded many more than 30 times.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I believe it's at least 10 these days, though i believe it was raised to 15 receantly?
Anyways, it's silly and OVI Store is horrible. To me the most irritating part is still search and lack of apps coming from iOS and WP user these days.
NO! It is 5x from Finland! Be happy if you have more , but this is very silly way from the nokia.. This is do a harm and get people very angry, and then they find they own way. Usually the working one, but not always best one for the devels and markets .

Ok.. I call and it is on.. Now just waiting

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I bought it, so they have to make the way to me to MY app!
It is not YOUR app. You never bought it.
All you bought is a license to use it. And according to the terms [1] you accepted when signing up for the OVI store Nokia can revoke that license at any time without offering any compensation.

Frankly, I don't understand why you're complaining. You knew the terms in advance and you accepted them. Otherwise you would have never signed up for the store.

[1] http://store.ovi.com/legal/terms

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
It is not YOUR app. You never bought it.
All you bought is a license to use it. And according to the terms [1] you accepted when signing up for the OVI store Nokia can revoke that license at any time without offering any compensation.

Frankly, I don't understand why you're complaining. You knew the terms in advance and you accepted them. Otherwise you would have never signed up for the store.

[1] http://store.ovi.com/legal/terms
Yes IT IS NOT MY, but now i can even USE IT/THEM! And this is good to know! You think many of people will like this kind of methods!? So if i should reading that, why the Ovi do not add the 5x download only warning to the store??? You think people will buy anything anymore? I think not and i think you think that too . Therefore the Ovi hidden it! It would seem that not many people have not read those terms

Is that the world you want to living in? "buy online data witch can be taken away from you!?" God damned! Where is your balls? If i buy a movie.. Nobody not going to take it away from me, so why in this case they will?

Yes, i never bough anything from Nokia again, if this is not change. Hope, that Jolla is going to do better job which The Nokia does...

4. Käyttöoikeudet

Nokia myöntää sinulle ei-yksinomaisen, siirtokelvottoman, Nokian peruutettavissa olevan käyttöoikeuden päästä Palveluun

Nopeella selauksella ni on kyl järkevää tekstiä.

Sinulla ei ole oikeutta kopioida Ohjelmistoa, lukuun ottamatta yhtä arkistoitavaa varmuuskopiota.

You may not copy the Software, except for a single archive, backup.

SO.. i can take backup? which is not possible on the N9. Nice

And i can not find anything about download times!?

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
You think many of people will like this kind of methods!?
I don't think anybody likes this. But even more I think that most people simply don't care - and then get caught off-guard.

So if i should reading that, why the Ovi do not add the 5x download only warning to the store??? You think people will buy anything anymore? I think not and i think you think that too .
Actually I think most people would - simply because the urge to "have the coolest app" is stronger in most people than the will to withstand unfair terms.

Therefore the Ovi hidden it! It would seem that not many people have not read those terms
They've hidden nothing (although I agree the way the're not doing it isn't nice). All they do is well within the terms that are free for anybody to read who is interested in doing so. If you're not interested then that's fine, but in that case you should have never subscribed to the OVI store.

Is that the world you want to living in? "buy online data witch can be taken away from you!?"
No, it's not the world I want to live in if I had the choice. But unfortunately it's the world I have to live in since there is no choice. Actually I consider everything that's not on my private HDD to be lost.
My only choice is whether to use or not to use services with terms like these. I've decided for the latter.

Where is your balls?
Last time I checked they were right between my legs, but I fail to see the relevance to this topic.

If i buy a movie.. Nobody not going to take it away from me, so why in this case they will?
I think you're mistaken because I believe you're talking about a movie on a physical medium like a DVD. If you buy a movie on a DVD from a legal point of view you don't buy "the movie". You buy a physical medium called "the DVD" plus a license to view "the movie" that's stored on it. But "the movie" (the data on the DVD) itself still belongs to the former copyright holder. For example you're not allowed to play "the movie" to a public audience because the license you bought doesn't include that right.
With your app you're in a completely different situation because you never got a physical medium that could be yours. So nobody can take it away from you. All you got is the license. And the license can be revoked at any time, as written in the terms.

Edit:
As for the permission to create one backup copy:
That only covers the legal issue. It says nothing about the technical issue of being able to create such a copy in the first place. So this is a moot point.

Last edited by sulu; 2012-07-23 at 11:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Sulu, thank you, but you do not helping. If you are happy the way it is, i am happy for you. But i am not happy, so i complain. Please, stop trolling. Please, give "kuluttaja-asiamiehen" do his job and we will see.

There is no download times anywhere in the terms, so i must get my access to use my bought apps or i want my money back .I like donate, but not like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post: