Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Code:
sqlite> select * from Calendars;
1|N900|0|1|0|4||1.0|1
3|Verjaardagen|2|1|0|1|/usr/share/sounds/ui-calendar_alarm_default.aac|1.0|0

If you evolve this into a full on GTD app...Jesus tap-dancing christ, I will email you sooo many donuts.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
If you evolve this into a full on GTD app...Jesus tap-dancing christ, I will email you sooo many donuts.
That is one of my goals, actually.

Personally I don't use GTD anymore, but it shouldn't be too hard to add it. I'll need input on how best to proceed with that from a user perspective.

The really hard part of the code was the list rendering and navigation. I made those as reusable widgets so I can customize views just by feeding them different SQL statements.

I plan on exposing categories from the DB and adding some sequencing fields for folders and tasks.

I can't add any features until the freeze is over, though.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Code:
sqlite> select * from Calendars;
1|N900|0|1|0|4||1.0|1
3|Verjaardagen|2|1|0|1|/usr/share/sounds/ui-calendar_alarm_default.aac|1.0|0
Not sure what's going on. Nothing in that data looks bad to me. I compared both my N900 and scratchbox and all those values seem valid.

I'll put in a workaround in the code if the API fails to give the calendar.

Bugtracker link added to first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
I wanted to explore the options of this app, but it crashes on me when trying to add a note or task.
Code:
Category table does not exist!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& updateQueries() !!!
Folder Name for ID 1 is: Projects
Error retrieving default Calendar
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Could this be caused by an inconsistency in my calender database?
I added some fallback code to get the first non-read-only calendar directly in case the api call gives a null pointer. Hope this solves your issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
The latest version fixed the crashing of MaeCalTasks for me.
Thanks for fixing this!

The latest version fixed the crashing of MaeCalTasks for me.
Thanks for fixing this!
Excellent. Let me know what you think of the app now that it is working for you.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
GTD? sounds like management BS!

What would really be awesome was if this program actually implemented the calendar GUI itself (i.e. appointments and stuff). calendar-power, so to speak

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Excellent. Let me know what you think of the app now that it is working for you.
I must admit I have never used the tasks and notes in the Fremantle calendar app.

What I do use for appointments is Google calendar (synced with the N900 calendar) or the N900 (replacement ) clock.
As for tasks/notes I use rememberthemilk (and have used google tasks for a while). Normally, I do not attach specific end-dates to them, it are more or less non critical reminders for me. The main advantage of these applications, is that is centralized and can be read/altered on many devices, and accessed by web browsers.
As far as I understand Fremantle (calendar) tasks cannot be synced with for example google tasks (although you do mention syncevolution in your opening post). That would be a mayor drawback for me.

As reinob mentioned in the previous post, I think a lot a people would like to see an open source replacement for the current calender application. I for instance would very much welcome portrait mode support. But I realize that is a bigger project then your current one, which "only" addresses the tasks and notes part.

But to get back to MaeCalTasks, the interface looks fine and did not find any issues while doing some testing. Portrait mode support would have been nice for me. Overall a very welcome initiative with more potential (as I understand you do have some new features in the queue)!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: