Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
dont married to any brand , wp not only lumias, jm2c

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
How difficult is it to scroll big 2D 2 colour tiles smoothly? Unfortunately that's the only thing WP is good at.
It's quite true, it take more computing power to render a round button than just simple square.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
After using my Lumia 900 since early April, and now having it in at Nokia Care, I'm back on the N900 for the time being.

In between I had been using HTC Vision, with plenty of Android goodness. But alas, until Android 4.0 which I barely ran due to compatibility and stability issues, it all kinda looked and felt half-baked.

My N900 still feels good in the hand, using it as I type this -- oh the joy to have qwerty again, damn do I still hate touch keyboards! There's the half-baked feel with this one also, but the N900 gets a pass, because of its inherent capabilities. I don't mind the screen tearing with Opera, or a random boot because of starving profile with OC at 900MHz. With true Linux box in your pocket, much is forgiven.

So do I want the Lumia back amidst all this CSSU-sudo-apt-get upgrade bliss? You bet. While the N900 is still my mobile device king, for me it takes away the focus from reading/texting/talking, because in the end, I'm not a sys.admin who needs server access in my fingertips, or a devel writing apps for the community (thank you again for the awesomeness of this community btw); no, my mobile use is far more simpler. I actually like dumbphones now more than ever. I get to play with Mac OS on my hackintosh, run and play with various Linux distros under VM, while tinkering with Arch Linux on an early-2000 IBM ThinkPad. My phone can, no, needs to be simple, a dumbphone. And the Lumia 900, and no doubt the 920 with WP8 would as well, fits the bill: a sleek, well-made, "it just works" (well, excluding my Lumia's USB data connection... Wait, a Nokia something-900 with a USB issue, this rings a bell...), robust dumbphone by Nokia.

Perfect.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Lumia series? meh

better samsung WP8 line. or HTC..or ZTE..or any OEM for WP8 out there

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
well just read this list and see if your with it.
Jeez, that's some long list of negatives - much more (worse) than I realised.
Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Jeez, that's some long list of negatives - much more (worse) than I realised.
Thanks
Don't you remember this thread where everybody had some fun?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
[QUOTE=thedead1440;1264708]Don't you remember this thread where everybody had some fun?[/QUOTE

3/4 of it were untrue and inflated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Rome & Munich
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Don't you remember this thread where everybody had some fun?
My girlfriend has a Lumia and well... it seems to me most things from the list (still) apply.

But I have to agree with frostbyte, you don't buy a Lumia if you want a phone you can tinker with. It's just a dumbphone that works. And it does that well IMO. I also like the much criticised square-interface. It's practical and does what it needs to, while staying nice on the eyes (if you get the meaning, not that it's pretty, it doesn't stress the eyes)...

Biggest minuses for me are: 1) no mass storage mode; 2) no bluetooth data connection; 3) no other browser other than the built-in IE...

It's nothing like a N900. But as mainstream smartphones go, I'd prefer it over an Android or an iPhone at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to waxmati For This Useful Post:
I'm interested in WP8 because of windows 8. I Will get a windows 8 laptop and matching phone and see what happens

L920 hardware looks real nice, just a *BIG* shame it's not running MeeGo

Tags
ip5 better, lumia 920, sml ecsytm, windows phone 8