Active Topics

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Strahlex View Post
It should run, but the keyboard would need some further development towards the Mac build of Qt. The only problem I have with OSX is, that I have no Mac and it wont run in a virtual machine.

But you can compile it yourself:
- Download the source code of QRemoteControl.
- Install the QtSDK.
- Open the pro-file with Qt-Creator and launch the build (or run qmake make from the command line)

However its not garanteed that it will no have any build errors. As I already said the only thing that is OS-dependent, is the keyboard emulation.

Got my N9 today, already fixed some bugs and created a new more native looking theme:
So i've downloaded the SourceCode, the SDK and hit Build.

As expected it didn't compile in the first try. There are 16 Errors all related to 'globalFakeKey' not being declared in this scope, the scope being the qglobalfakekey.cpp file. Any suggestions? I'll play around for a while but the last time i program was looooong time ago and well i will have to study the code to try to understand what's going on. Could it be that the definitions ".h" are not being read on time?

Well if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
QRemoteControl also opens a TCP connection to the client, so lsof shows 2 connections and netstat one when connected. Have you any kind of firewall running?

Is it maybe possible to make a Debug build or to use a network sniffer to make sure the packets are reaching the server?
No clue why, but running on startup it's all good. Thanks for your support.

I love this app!

Edit: Not every time. Will see if I can troubleshoot more.

Last edited by shanttu; 2012-11-10 at 15:22.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by jmsarriat View Post
So i've downloaded the SourceCode, the SDK and hit Build.

As expected it didn't compile in the first try. There are 16 Errors all related to 'globalFakeKey' not being declared in this scope, the scope being the qglobalfakekey.cpp file. Any suggestions? I'll play around for a while but the last time i program was looooong time ago and well i will have to study the code to try to understand what's going on. Could it be that the definitions ".h" are not being read on time?

Well if you have any suggestions please let me know.
The meaning of the error is, that there is no function named globalFakeKey. I have defined this function only for Linux and Windows. When I have time (I hope tomorrow), I'll remove the keyboard functionality from Mac version explicitly to make the source code buildable. When I have more time, I'll try to add the fake key function for Mac.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
been wanting something like this since getting the N9. can it control windows media player?

@jmsarriat
I added an empty class for OSX, I hope that it compiles now.

@F2thaK
Yes it can. It "fakes" real keyboard input, so it works like a physical keyboard with multimedia keys, it is also possible to define any key combination you like.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
It would be nice to have ability to add profiles and maybe an option to pair loading a profile with custom command (useful when launching a media player, that has different key bindings than another one you use).

@jmsarriat
I added an empty class for OSX, I hope that it compiles now.

@F2thaK
Yes it can. It "fakes" real keyboard input, so it works like a physical keyboard with multimedia keys, it is also possible to define any key combination you like.
Hi again,

well it's getting better but now after trying to build i get 17 warnings many if not all of them related to unused values and one error with the following output:

"Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"vtable for QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate", referenced from:
QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate::QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate(QObje ct*)in qglobalfakekey_osx.o
QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate::~QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate()in qglobalfakekey_osx.o
NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [qremotecontrol-server.app/Contents/MacOS/qremotecontrol-server] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/Users/juanmanuelsarria/Downloads/QRemoteControl-Server-build-Desktop-Debug'
20:17:57: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project QRemoteControl-Server (target: Desktop)
When executing step 'Make'"

I was looking at your headers and in both cases you include either windows.h or some other headers which i imagine are platform dependent. There is none for the mac header, any clue what the name of it may be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi again,

well it's getting better but now after trying to build i get 17 warnings many if not all of them related to unused values and one error with the following output:

"Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"vtable for QGlobalFakeKeyPrivate", referenced from:
NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [qremotecontrol-server.app/Contents/MacOS/qremotecontrol-server] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/Users/juanmanuelsarria/Downloads/QRemoteControl-Server-build-Desktop-Debug'
20:17:57: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project QRemoteControl-Server (target: Desktop)
When executing step 'Make'"

I was looking at your headers and in both cases you include either windows.h or some other headers which i imagine are platform dependent. There is none for the mac header, any clue what the name of it may be?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Got it, I actually added the header as source in the pro file *facepalm*. The warnings are quite normal, as the functions are doing nothing and the variables are unused. No need to define any system dependant header yet. Repository is updated.

Got it, I actually added the header as source in the pro file *facepalm*. The warnings are quite normal, as the functions are doing nothing and the variables are unused. No need to define any system dependant header yet. Repository is updated.
Hi there,

Built successfully in first attempt! I managed to build and run the server on the mac! The phone sees the pc and connects without a problem, the only hiccup is that the only functionality so far is the cursor movement. No click or keystroke was perceived by the laptop, what could be the problem? By the way i noticed that in the pic you posted earlier the app has a black theme, somehow different from the one i have, am i missing something? In any case the functionality, not the form, is what i am most interested in.

As always i am most grateful for you help.

Hi there,

Built successfully in first attempt! I managed to build and run the server on the mac! The phone sees the pc and connects without a problem, the only hiccup is that the only functionality so far is the cursor movement. No click or keystroke was perceived by the laptop, what could be the problem? By the way i noticed that in the pic you posted earlier the app has a black theme, somehow different from the one i have, am i missing something? In any case the functionality, not the form, is what i am most interested in.

As always i am most grateful for you help.
Great, the only thing missing now is the mac port of the key faking part. I hope I can do this next week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post: