Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
What did I miss? Can you please make something similar for busybox?
I really appreciate your good logical thinking and summary (despite poor S/N ratio in this thread) and constructive ideas for solving unacceptable (for long term) situation of upstream busybox.

I think, though, that cssu-testing is better place to post them - no CSSU maintainer or contributor seems to be watching this thread. To make things clear, joerg isn't decisive person about cssu (despite posing to be one), so for now, it stays as discussion of few average joe's like all of us, contributors to this thread. I'm afraid it just may get unnoticed by CSSU team.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
busybox already got sorted. everybody incl the package maintainer is content with the solution, just one guy can't stop bitching
Unfortunately, it's plain lie, or at best, wishful thinking. (apart from being plain rude usage o b* words, which would normally be far below level of commentable content).

busybox-power maintainer was interested in including it in CSSU, but accepted, that CSSU's requirement *at the time* was some dysfunctional package splitting. He also clearly stated, that he *doesn't* plan to work on implementing such requirement. The fact, that he opted-out without arguing, is hardly "being contend" - it's just indication, that his personal culture is far above many of his "opponents", or even supporters

Links to source posts confirming all of the above upon PM request, to save on S/N ratio here.
---

Now, to the point - considering that mentioned "dysfunctional" requirements for package splitting were lifted for worldclock, logical conclusion would be to do the same with busybox. Especially, that worldclock replacement *can* be normally installed via extras package, while busybox can't.

Of course, the above is valid only, if CSSU want to have real, consistent package inclusion policy.

Hope it helps,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
YOU Sir, shouldn't accuse _others_ of lying! You've been proven false so many times I simply refuse to do it again. but thanks for your very biased and presumptuous post that declares what's unbearable, what's broken, what's dysfunctional, and what has to happen and who thinks what and why, from your enlightened lips. For sure without you neither any "normal user" nor the CSSU maintainers and deciding crew would have had any idea about how broken and unbearable is the solution for busybox we found. And - like it or hate it - I'm actually and obviously involved into CSSU decision making, no matter what lies YOU spread about me. And you quite obviously are not. This results from a concept called "meritocracy" that you never really wrapped your head around, where CSSU crew obviously appreciates my arguments and usually rather prefers to ignore your nagging completely. More nagging won't change that to the better for you.
ETX, discussion with our dear estel_ is futile, ever been and always will, and he regularly fullfills all requirements for sth that I call bitching.
*plonk*

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-21 at 20:28.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
I just found this old thread about stopping modest: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76140 See post #12
I still want it to be deleted but others may like it more just stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Frankly, I think that any personal thing - like above raging wall of text - should be send via PM, if they really *must* happen. Here, we're discussing real things, and such outbursts doesnt' do any good to S/N ratio.

It would be hard to call for iDont and ask him to deny *lies* about him being happy about what happened with busybox<->cssu case - but, is it really point of that thread? I'm not interested in convincing you, frankly - I see no reason why should I. Rather, I would rather like to focus on int_ua's suggestions from this thread.

Now, as you "teached" some people in other threads, there is a "delete" button. Please, consider doing so, since your first OT addition to your first post here - I'll gladly delete my posts too. It should seem embarrassing to protect your pet thread's from "noise", while indiscriminately trashing other people's ones with OT stuff.

Peace,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I'm not going to delete *anything*, and I insist in YOU lying or rather spreading fud, since you can't know better, after all the communication between me and iDont was in private /query. But I honestly don't care anymore, everybody witha brain to think can easily see who's wrong here. Welcome on my ignore list then.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N