I just called the chicago store, they started getting theirs today and are calling people, not sure if anyone else mentioned this. The guy on the phone was sneaky too. I told him that I called back in oct and should be on the list (I made no such call). Instead of saying I was not on the list, he said my name was there by pretty far down. Well, if he calls me back tomorrow, I will go get one there, otherwise I guess I wait for my order on buy.com. Unless he wasnt being sneaky and there is someone else on the list with the same first and last name, in which case, I guess I wont get a call.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
hm, i am now willing to impulse buy this, lol. i hope they call me today. when did you put your name on the list hypnotik?
Sorry I went MIA for a while - hopped back on the subway... back home now. I put my order on the callback list yesterday afternoon

Anyway it's madhouse...they are scrambling, plus they are closing for an hour for some special event, and opening back up until their usual closing time.

To those on the list but who didn't get a callback yet, just say you missed their callback attempt and explain how when you called back, the person answering said that all callback reservations had to be picked up today.

I'll take some pretty pictures with my DSLR (if my battery isn't dead) and post them up for your drooling pleasures, as well as doing a little unboxing. It sucks though cause I have to leave at 5:30 for drinks and a movie with my girlfriend. seriously, bad timing...

GF: So what's on your mind today.
ME: You have a sleek, smooth, shiny body with a nice maemo core
GF: ???

ahaha. not enough time,

back in a bit.

Originally Posted by 11/(14-17)/09 View Post
I just called the chicago store, they started getting theirs today and are calling people, not sure if anyone else mentioned this. The guy on the phone was sneaky too. I told him that I called back in oct and should be on the list (I made no such call). Instead of saying I was not on the list, he said my name was there by pretty far down. Well, if he calls me back tomorrow, I will go get one there, otherwise I guess I wait for my order on buy.com. Unless he wasnt being sneaky and there is someone else on the list with the same first and last name, in which case, I guess I wont get a call.
It's definitely odd, when they asked for my info for the callback, they only asked for my first name (pretty common Christian name) and phone #. and when I got there, they took my ID which doesn't even have my ph# on it.

Definitely odd... anyway, time to unbox.

Last edited by hypnotik; 2009-11-20 at 21:25.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Sorry I went MIA for a while - hopped back on the subway... back home now. I put my order on the callback list yesterday afternoon

Anyway it's madhouse...they are scrambling, plus they are closing for an hour for some special event, and opening back up until their usual closing time.

To those on the list but who didn't get a callback yet, just say you missed their callback attempt and explain how when you called back, the person answering said that all callback reservations had to be picked up today.

I'll take some pretty pictures with my DSLR (if my battery isn't dead) and post them up for your drooling pleasures, as well as doing a little unboxing. It sucks though cause I have to leave at 5:30 for drinks and a movie with my girlfriend. seriously, bad timing...

GF: So what's on your mind today.
ME: You have a sleek, smooth, shiny body with a nice maemo core
GF: ???

ahaha. not enough time,

back in a bit.
Hm, thats weird I put my name in yesterday early afternoon...what a bunch of A-Holes

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
It's definitely odd, when they asked for my info for the callback, they only asked for my first name (pretty common Christian name) and phone #. and when I got there, they took my ID which doesn't even have my ph# on it.

Definitely odd... anyway, time to unbox.
take lots of pics. i cant get enough of it. ahh

Originally Posted by nytcrawlr View Post
Hmm, prolly not worth taking the train into NYC tomorrow morn....or is it?? What is NY sales tax now, 9 - 10%?
nyc tax is 8.875.

phone is $569 + 50.50 tax

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Ok so I called, the guy was confused and giving me ******** about filling callbacks for the past months. When I explained you got it from a yesterday order some woman overheard the argument and said its fine for me to get it.

He said one guy was ahead of me on the list. Obviously they aren't being honest about their number of orders or their stock. Anyways, off to go pick up the phone!

Thanks hypnotik

we can use the rebate, right? since our receipts date is after nov. 16. that would be sweet 569-50

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Ok so I called, the guy was confused and giving me ******** about filling callbacks for the past months. When I explained you got it from a yesterday order some woman overheard the argument and said its fine for me to get it.

He said one guy was ahead of me on the list. Obviously they aren't being honest about their number of orders or their stock. Anyways, off to go pick up the phone!

Thanks hypnotik
That's great! You're gonna love the phone. it's insanely awesome.

Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
Megacrazy got his phone
I would have been on a train up there first thing this morning if I had been in your shoes. Very nice on the self-control!