Active Topics

Notices

Hi fcrochik,
I used to check my balance from my phone provider (such as *121*1#) by clicking on an Avatar from MyContacts widget. But now it doesn't work any more after I updated.
Please help me to set up Mycontacts to use those DTMF again, via your MyContacts, of course.
Thanks in advance,

The Following User Says Thank You to v_n900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by v_n900 View Post
Hi fcrochik,
I used to check my balance from my phone provider (such as *121*1#) by clicking on an Avatar from MyContacts widget. But now it doesn't work any more after I updated.
Please help me to set up Mycontacts to use those DTMF again, via your MyContacts, of course.
Thanks in advance,
I don't know for a fact but I would guess it is because this last version is using telepathy to initiate calls and the previous were using a "nokia api".

If that is the case I will have to revert back to use the "nokia api" or figure out how to make telepathy deal with it. I will look into it but can't say how soon I will be able to get it done.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Can you tell me where the icons are stored? I'm using the widget and I have the work icon for friends and friend icon for work lol. I want to switch them around. Plus it makes more sense to have my groups be..
family, friends, work, services

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I encounter the startup problem of my contact. It crashes whenever I run it....

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Can you tell me where the icons are stored? I'm using the widget and I have the work icon for friends and friend icon for work lol. I want to switch them around. Plus it makes more sense to have my groups be..
family, friends, work, services
The default icons are embedded on the application but you will find the same ones on your phone @ /opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon... You will need to first copy them using the x-terminal somewhere else under your home so you can select them using the application.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Originally Posted by doraemon_eric View Post
I encounter the startup problem of my contact. It crashes whenever I run it....
Can you give me anymore details?

Please send me (PM) the log file (/home/user/.mycontacts/log.txt)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
This app sounds great. I'm not brave enough to try it just yet, but hopefully soon.

Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
This app sounds great. I'm not brave enough to try it just yet, but hopefully soon.
You don't have anything to worry about. It will not affect your contacts (it only reads them) and you can always uninstall it the same way you installed.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
I was thinking of the idea like if I click a contacts pic in MyContacts it should open a popup window showing me all the possible communication with that person.That would include call history,emails and text messages shared like threaded conversations,his status updates from all social sites & maybe even his location on a map if possible.

All these categories lke call history,emails,text messages,status updates can be as different tabs in the same popup window of that particular contact.

Hope u can get a clue of my idea fcrochik. I am not sure how much of this can be implemented in MyContacts.

Thanks again...

Want to clarify if this can be encorporated into MyContacts.

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
I was thinking of the idea like if I click a contacts pic in MyContacts it should open a popup window showing me all the possible communication with that person.That would include call history,emails and text messages shared like threaded conversations,his status updates from all social sites & maybe even his location on a map if possible.

All these categories lke call history,emails,text messages,status updates can be as different tabs in the same popup window of that particular contact.

Hope u can get a clue of my idea fcrochik. I am not sure how much of this can be implemented in MyContacts.

Thanks again...

Want to clarify if this can be encorporated into MyContacts.
funkmunk:
I like the idea and a lot of this could be added to MyContacts. The obvious issue is having the time to actually code all this. I have already a lot planned and not enough time to work on it. I will keep these ideas in mind and try to incorporate them as much as possible.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: