Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yesterday, the Council decided to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. This is due not only to the Community Awards, but to many other actions of his since becoming Chair. He will remain a member of Council, and will continue to serve the community in that capacity.

For me, the primary reason was that he was acting poorly as Council Chair. He didn't represent Council well, and I didn't have confidence in what he was doing and how he related to the community. There were multiple complaints from community members, and I saw personal comments he made against many people, including me. I believe he doesn't have the soft skills necessary to serve as the representative of Council.

Let me also say that this was done with regret. He is a valuable contributor to the community, and fully deserving of his community award. I hope this will be sufficient remediation and that the non-constructive grievances will come to an end. I do not intend to support any actions proposed related to the community awards, such as taking away devices, etc.

Fair enuf, no need to make the poll or votes for that than. Only one thing that disturbing is
to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. part and He will remain a member of Council

edit
oh you had a head of council, my bad i always thought it was more like "round table" when everyone has the same power, voice.
/edit

and surely it's too late to take device, now i think the device donation thread can help to give to few devs what they deserve.

thank you

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-06-30 at 20:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Who is the hand of the king now?
That is to be decided still

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I cannot believe that this sorry little thread and its spinoffs have ~300 posts, while those about really important issues have only 80.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I cannot believe that this sorry little thread and its spinoffs have ~300 posts, while those about really important issues have only 80.
A threads greatness is not decided by number of post but what's in the posts.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
A threads greatness is not decided by number of post but what's in the posts.
In that case, this thread is lacking.

The other thread, some serious discussions are happening that I think people are hesitating to filter in unless it's well thought out. Not the case in this thread - myself included.

That's my take.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't understand what you saying there

that the other thread isn't a troll thread like this one?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-30 at 19:54.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yesterday, the Council decided to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. This is due not only to the Community Awards, but to many other actions of his since becoming Chair. He will remain a member of Council, and will continue to serve the community in that capacity.

For me, the primary reason was that he was acting poorly as Council Chair. He didn't represent Council well, and I didn't have confidence in what he was doing and how he related to the community. There were multiple complaints from community members, and I saw personal comments he made against many people, including me. I believe he doesn't have the soft skills necessary to serve as the representative of Council.

Let me also say that this was done with regret. He is a valuable contributor to the community, and fully deserving of his community award. I hope this will be sufficient remediation and that the non-constructive grievances will come to an end. I do not intend to support any actions proposed related to the community awards, such as taking away devices, etc.
Amen to that :|
i fully support the Council in this decision and feel that all necessary actions were taken.

let's focus on Maemo future now!

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
That is to be decided still
click on the link currently beneath my posts...
Rob (SD69) has the 2nd highest number of votes and thus becomes head of the Council / Council Chair.
well deserved considering he is certainly the most experienced member of the Council.

may i further suggest that all official communications from Council are only posted by the Council Chair, possibly after consultation?

a post of an other member of the Council is never representative of the Council, unless Rob (Council Chair) can't attend to his function.
in which case Ivan (ivgalvez) assumes the function.

which also means that Rob would have to clearly mark any posts he makes at a personal title.

ideas?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
who cares what you believe?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-06-30 at 21:52.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
click on the link currently beneath my posts...
Rob (SD69) has the 2nd highest number of votes and thus becomes head of the Council / Council Chair.
well deserved considering he is certainly the most experienced member of the Council.

may i further suggest that all official communications from Council are only posted by the Council Chair, possibly after consultation?

a post of an other member of the Council is never representative of the Council, unless Rob (Council Chair) can't attend to his function.
in which case Ivan (ivgalvez) assumes the function.

which also means that Rob would have to clearly mark any posts he makes at a personal title.

ideas?
PERSONALLY ;> I think those are good suggestions

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove