Active Topics

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Also on Zendesk https://jolla.zendesk.com/entries/29762717-Webshop-FAQ :

What’s the delivery method if I buy it from the webshop?

Delivery will take place via courier.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
From Zendesk:

Why are sales starting for everyone before all pre-orders have been delivered?
I think it is great that sales begin to take off via different channels.

My biggest concern regarding Jolla is not whether I will get my phone before the end of the year or not (already have too many anyway).

It is that Jolla, or especially the Sailfish OS, will fail to attract enough users. If a critical mass isn't reached I am afraid the system would start to fade away in a not too distant future.

So keep up the good work and try to get as many units as possible on the market.
I really like what I have seen in the product so far and it would make me very sad if it does not fly.

//j

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jesper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jesper View Post
I think it is great that sales begin to take off via different channels.

My biggest concern regarding Jolla is not whether I will get my phone before the end of the year or not (already have too many anyway).

It is that Jolla, or especially the Sailfish OS, will fail to attract enough users. If a critical mass isn't reached I am afraid the system would start to fade away in a not too distant future.

So keep up the good work and try to get as many units as possible on the market.
I really like what I have seen in the product so far and it would make me very sad if it does not fly.

//j
IMHO the core sailfishos has to stabilize before it gets out to the masses. I hope they don't start selling the devices online until all preorders has been out atleast some month to fix bugs and feature fixes.

But after that they really must get more operators going or else I dunno..... By then thirdparty developers should get more good apps up on the store to.

When talk about the store, I getting bit depressed to see in the mailinglist about people who want to have QtWidget support in Harbour store its a mobile OS not an desktop os... QtWidgets apps who look crap and not userfriendly thats for sure.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-10 at 21:39.

My itella tracking says the package is now retrievable from the post office. For those who got it already, was it delivered to your home or did you pick it up from post office?

The Following User Says Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
My itella tracking says the package is now retrievable from the post office. For those who got it already, was it delivered to your home or did you pick it up from post office?
Post office! Get it ASAP.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
IMHO the core sailfishos has to stabilize before it gets out to the masses.
You might be right. I have yet to try it for real myself.
If it still has to many bugs and glitches it could backfire catastrophically.

//j

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Post office! Get it ASAP.
Stupid post isn't open at midnight, maybe I'll go and set up a tent outside it and try again in 8 hours..

But I remember reading that delivery was to the front door so got a bit confused.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
You might be right. I have yet to try it for real myself.
If it still has to many bugs and glitches it could backfire catastrophically.

//j
Yeah I don't think that's true.
People know what their getting, if you want the full release OS buy the phone when the OS left the beta.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Yeah I don't think that's true.
People know what their getting, if you want the full release OS buy the phone when the OS left the beta.
Me myself have no problem with beta products. It has been part of my life (and work) since long time back.

But one thing that makes me a little worried is some of the posts, in various forums, about shipping not moving fast/smooth enough.
Guess it could be a lot of new whining if the long-awaited does not live up to the lofty expectations.

//j

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Me myself have no problem with beta products. It has been part of my life (and work) since long time back.

But one thing that makes me a little worried is some of the posts, in various forums, about shipping not moving fast/smooth enough.
Guess it could be a lot of new whining if the long-awaited does not live up to the lofty expectations.

//j
So far not so good.
All devices gets good and bad critics. Some people think bad post is bad press. But If a phone don't have any issues I would never buy it since it wouldn't be true.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: