Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
Originally Posted by ElegyofSins View Post
Hmm would you mind telling me (us) how you did it? i get the same error, tried installing 0.0.28 via program manager, and via X-Terminal, but no success. It somehow says something in the .deb file does not work. I'd be glad if you could tell me what you did
Sure mate.
I started by installing 0.0.27 from the extras-devel then I removed it due to the presence of 0.0.28 and sync bug on that version, rebooted and then I look for .yappari folder with file manager and I deleted it.
I went to this and follow those steps and It was working.
I did the registration when I installed 0.0.27.
next: neo900

Android/iOS developer
ready for maemo coding competition 2016!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Enschede, Netherlands
Originally Posted by WeASeL... View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the contacts sync automatically every now and then but when it does it significantly slows down operations.

So much so that if you attempt to type a message while it's refreshing the contacts regular characters are replaced by the corresponding special character?
Ya, I second that. I guess the solution for that is to disable contact synchronisation, which is fine for me, becasue I don't add new people to my phone every day. Haha

What is more of an issue for me, is that it really seems I've to have the Yappari window open all the time in order to receive messages. I've quite often the Yappari icon in my status bar, but when I open up the main screen via a desktop shortcut I start receiving a lot of messages.

Plus, I'm really missing the search through contacts feature that was implemented in the earlier Yappari builds.

But to end with the obvious: Scorpius, you rock!

how did u fix it?? plz tell it never shows timeout error to me bbut wht did u do to send the pics??

Originally Posted by Ninguno View Post
Even with this issue sending images, Scorpius did a fantastic job for all of us. Many thanks for your efforts

Also this is not a bug or a problem on the application side, it is on Whatsapp servers side

Thanks!
how did u fix the problem of sendng picz plzzz repppp!!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by milanhsoni View Post
how did u fix the problem of sendng picz plzzz repppp!!
Can't you read? The poster you quoted said the issue still exists!

Now be patient and wait for a fix because you becoming mad will do nothing to change the situation unless you want to contribute some code to fix it up...

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Sadly I have no time to fix the media issue. Since I've been very busy lately let's wait until the Wazapp guys fix it and then we ask them heh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andil View Post
Sure mate.
I started by installing 0.0.27 from the extras-devel then I removed it due to the presence of 0.0.28 and sync bug on that version, rebooted and then I look for .yappari folder with file manager and I deleted it.
I went to this and follow those steps and It was working.
I did the registration when I installed 0.0.27.
Hmm well unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. I tried what you did: I uninstalled the 0.0.27 version, rebooted, then deleted the .yappari folder. Then I downloaded the 0.0.28 deb file and tried installing it via the program manager. But it still gives me the same error message. "installation of yappari is not possible". Doesn't tell me it's missing any dependencies. Not telling me what the problem is. Just telling me "I'm not going to do it, but I'm not telling you why"...so yeah. maybe something's wrong with my downloads, maybe something's wrong with my phone. I don't know.

is the 0.0.28 version on any calatogue so it is available via the program manager? (extras devel or something like that) because I did not manage to find it there and maybe I'm missing the needed catalogue. Any hint is appreciated.

Edit: Okay I tried installing it again via the X-Terminal, here is what I get:

Unpacking yappari (from yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb (--install): short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari/icons/48x48/9f-98bc.png')
I'm no developer, but maybe someone can help me out here... I have no idea why an image file can cause such a problem.

Last edited by ElegyofSins; 2013-03-26 at 22:00.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
It really looks like a bad download. Try the sendspace mirror for 0.0.28 (look it in the thread). Also install it using dpkg -i <.deb file>, if there's any error you'll see it that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
wow thank you, that really was the problem.

I tried the sendspace link and not even a minute later everything was done and doing fine. Thanks very much

Originally Posted by geraldh View Post
Ya, I second that. I guess the solution for that is to disable contact synchronisation, which is fine for me, becasue I don't add new people to my phone every day. Haha

What is more of an issue for me, is that it really seems I've to have the Yappari window open all the time in order to receive messages. I've quite often the Yappari icon in my status bar, but when I open up the main screen via a desktop shortcut I start receiving a lot of messages.

Plus, I'm really missing the search through contacts feature that was implemented in the earlier Yappari builds.

But to end with the obvious: Scorpius, you rock!
i hv the same problem with the synch slowing things down. If i disable synching in yappari I only see about 10 contacts in yappari which is a problem for me since I have more than 100 contacts!

the solution for me now is to use nice

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp