Notices

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
Does this included the fixes/changes by Cepiperez?
Yes it does.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Has the random library play speed improved any as initially it was very slow.?
Nope, there are still no speed optimizations, but there should be more stability soon, as I tracked down two segfaults and I'm fixing them at the moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
1. Place the archive somewhere on your N900.
2. Open the terminal and navigate to the directory where the archive resides (for example "cd /home/user/MyDocs" if you placed it in the main storage).
3. Extract the archive ("tar -xf omp_xxx.tar.gz").
4a. Navigate to the extracted directory ("cd omp_xxx") and run the installer as root ("sudo sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file").
4b. If it doesn't work (I'm not sure if sudo is configured out of the box), try "root", then "cd /home/user/MyDocs/omp_xxx", and finally "sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file".
5. Installer tries to start the player automatically, so you should hopefully see the result right away.

Thank you for your help
I've installed and the portrait option is really cool.
But where is the icone for the Open Media Player???
I cant reopen it once I close it, I have to reinstalled to open it. help please.

if you ran the installer with "sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file", there should be an "OMP" entry in the applications menu. You can run "ls /usr/share/applications/hildon/omp.desktop" from the terminal to make sure it's there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
if you ran the installer with "sh install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file", there should be an "OMP" entry in the applications menu. You can run "ls /usr/share/applications/hildon/omp.desktop" from the terminal to make sure it's there.
THANK, it work nice. It load album FAST (no lag).

Though when I load the albums in portrait mode, they are not well arranged when I turn the phone in landscape mode. Seems to be a bug.

And one request, JUST ONE : Add an equalizer.

Last edited by helloct; 2011-09-08 at 21:36.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
bit late in the day and probably someones already asked but could gapless playback be implemented like in rockbox?

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
bit late in the day and probably someones already asked but could gapless playback be implemented like in rockbox?
Yep, someone's already asked and MAG's already answered... The Search this Thread button up above is your friend!

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ok furthermore I've been using it, some bugs occur:

slider is not so responsive, so sometimes it react on touch, but don't go to desired time...
current time... when it passes 60eth min (when you play some live sets or long mp3-s...), it starts form 0...
and there is more for improvement... but, these are my observations so far

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Yep, someone's already asked and MAG's already answered... The Search this Thread button up above is your friend!
cheers repeated posts is a pet hate of mine and i did it! never had to use search this thread before, wouldn't mind i've been following the thread for a while now must've missed/forgotten that post cheers again

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-09-09 at 08:38.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
does the carview support portrait mode?

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse