Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
yeah it like that for me with pr1.1.1

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
can anyone please link me to the pr1.2 fix/change list?
Here you go: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to Heman1310 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
1 thing I noticed today:

- mscim with mscim-hangul works a lot better. (as close to native input as possible now) (btw, hangul is Korean input)

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
New and feature enhanced enough to provide a "got new toy feeling"!

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Guys I tried the Firefox browser and got 19XXX from a OC 800MHz. BUT it is definitely not as smooth and snappy as the built in browser (MicroB?). Anyhow, so I'm just wondering it's not the numbers that tell the story! I just did it with my HD2 with a tweaked ROM and it's Opera browser is FAST but scored only 10XXX and under!!! Oh wells, I'm just a newbie, what do i know!

Last edited by c4Lvin; 2010-05-03 at 09:36.

I don't understand why so many ppl got problems and other runs are very happy with the leakes firmware.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
it is about as new as it is going to get seen as PR1.2 was locked down on about the 8th April.
That doesn't mean what you think it means.
(Read this.)

"Locked down" in this context means that at that time they stopped adding new features and improvements, and focus on stabilizing the project as much as they can until the release deadline.
After that, the Beta stage and then the RC stage comes, and when the RC is stable enough, it is released. (That's then called RTM, GA, or PR.)

Software release life cycle, Wikipedia

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Diaper run gone wrong??
Spill the beans man, don't leave out any details!
Since you asked...

Was just loading on a few bathroom items and ran into a young lady. She was rather chatty, and I just left it at that.

Headed over to grab some more items, she's following me, still talking. So she accompanies me over to the soaps, lotions, et al.

I'm thinking she's cute, nice tight butt, however something was just... "off".

She's real chatty. Naw. She's too nosy? Naw. Too much makeup. Bingo.

So after paying closer attention to her conversation, it's real shallow. I mean, like she only had very limited things to talk about. I'm still in "Uh-huh... okay... sure..." type of response mode for the most part, trying to figure out why this woman had latched onto me of all people in Walmart.

Then I started paying more attention... her clothing, while stylish just seemed like it was not really her style. It clashed with the energy she put off. I finally had to ask her age.

She told me 25.

I didn't blink an eye, didn't turn my face... didn't show any emotion. Best poker face since the last time I bluffed my way to my last date.

She quickly folded. She was 17... "I'll be 18 real soon!"

Cue Winger's "Seventeen"...

I'm double her age man! WTF would I want with a 17 year ol... oh, yeah. Well there's that....

But you know... I sorta like being outside, in the sun, free... not in jail... or having to register myself each time I move somewhere as some kind of "special" offender.

And that was Thursday. I kid you not. The day I found out that my potential move to Pittsburgh would now be delayed indefinitely. Bad news after bad news that day.

Oh well. She did think that I was cute and not 35, but there's no way I still have a baby face.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
I'd like to address the situation of people who have flashed to the leaked PR1.2 and now have problems going back to PR1.1.1
Bare with me as I explain and make my point clear.

1st, I am coming from the N900 perspective only, I didn't have an android or N8XX before.
Some of us, have been working very hard to add programs, wikis and guides to help other N900 users make the best of out their phone - Or as some say, portable computer.
People keep stressing the fact that the N900 is not a phone, and that it's open and you can install what ever you want on it.
I don't see the difference between install mer, meego, and a leaked PR1.2 firmware on the phone. ALL of them are risky, all of them require some bravery, and ALL can lead to unexpected problems.

Personally, I have been suffering with PR1.1.1 and also PR1.1,
and PR1.2 Was supposed to solve a lot of problems for me. In fact, it DID. My N900 is working better then ever, and I have no problems with the leaked firmware.

BUT, I see lots of people posting about having problems with PR1.2 (leaked ver) and other people are flaming them and shaming them for installing it. "You should have blablabla, now it's your problem" - I find this behavior childish and ugly.
If those people would have installed something for extras-devel, and had a problem, I don't see a reason why other people would tell them "You installed from devel, now it's your problem"
I see people helping them, and making the best out of a bad situation.

Why did I flash to PR1.2?
- I had lots of problems.
- I was bored at home
- I was tired of nokia secret policy where they don't tell us anything about the state of the firmware, no timeframe, no info besides that bugzilla.
- I never realized the firmware can change anything hardwarish like the modem firmware making it irreversible.
- I'd expect nokia to get their act together and maybe post on maemo.org a letter of warning that irreversible things can happen, with examples, cause we are not stupid people.
- And yes, there was an ample dose of STUPIDITY.

Do I regret doing it? - Yes.
Do I think people should flame me if I am in trouble now?
No.

So please, Cut the crap, when someone has a problem, try to help them if you can - if you can't just move on - He already feels bad enough for doing it anyway - and I don't see the value of making him feel worse.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by chemist; 2010-05-03 at 13:25.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Stop making these same PR 1.2 threads all over.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blinde For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality