Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Sorry, I've been playing around the values for '/sys/power/op_active' (now 0) and '/sys/power/op_dsp' (now 0 too).

Now CPU Policy under advanced-power shows my N800 running always at 400MHz so there is not CPU scale.

Anyone to show me the appropiate values? Or it is better to reinstall any dt package?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
Sorry, I've been playing around the values for '/sys/power/op_active' (now 0) and '/sys/power/op_dsp' (now 0 too).

Now CPU Policy under advanced-power shows my N800 running always at 400MHz so there is not CPU scale.
op_dsp = 0-3 with 0 locking cpu at 400 and 3 at 165, but only when DSP is enabled. There is a /etc/kernel-tunables file where you can set the value for this at boot and I believe it contains a comment with the frequency for each value.

I don't think you are suppose to modify op_active, the governor will automatically change it. Is adv-power set to performance (always 400) or ondemand (dynamic)?

@ maacruz, I might not be having any shutdown problems. The screen does turn off (with minirc 2 and 3) but I thought it only required a short press to power the device back up but is now requiring a long press.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post

I don't think you are suppose to modify op_active, the governor will automatically change it. Is adv-power set to performance (always 400) or ondemand (dynamic)?...
Thanks!

I have set adv-power to 'on demand'.

And I think you are right, auouymous, about 'op_active' is changed bye the governor automatically.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
@ maacruz, I might not be having any shutdown problems. The screen does turn off (with minirc 2 and 3) but I thought it only required a short press to power the device back up but is now requiring a long press.
It always has required a long press for me: Device is off, press the button, led starts glowing, keep pressing, led reach maximum, device turns on.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It always has required a long press for me: Device is off, press the button, led starts glowing, keep pressing, led reach maximum, device turns on.
Same here--always been the same way for me on both of the N800's I've owned.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by scy View Post
Thanks. Now I successfully installed kernel 3!

The naming errors where due to the fact that I used wget and only modified the filename after I had download the kernel 1 file:

i.e.

first I downloaded https : // garage. maemo. org / frs / download.php / 9327 / kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-1_all.deb
(ID 9327)

then I downloaded https : // garage. maemo. org / frs / download.php / 9327 / kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb
(ID 9327)

instead of https : // garage. maemo. org / frs / download.php / 9431 / kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb
(CORRECT ID 9431)

;-)

I will have to check now if the other files installed really are all up-to-date.
Do you still have filesystem problems or are they finally fixed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Having a problem installing Boingomobile after Diablo-Turbo was installed. Before I had Diablo-Turbo on my unit Boingomobile ran without a problem, but now when I install Boingomobile (took it off while installing DT) and then do a reboot I am not able to see mmc2 or mmc1 in the file manager and some of my icons are gone (Large clock, Personal Menu). Plus the desktop seems to do a couple of resets after the end of a reboot sequence. When I remove Boingomobile and reboot all returns to normal.There could be more problems..still looking.

Could someone give Boingomobile app a try, you do not need to open an account just install the app and reboot, thank you.

I updated toTURBO and I notice a great improvement. However, I was wondering if someone could help. I'm not a noob, but I am very inexperienced. After installing Turbo, I noticed the "os2008 commuunity SSU update (unlocked)" was in the application manager updater. I was told I was unable to update.

Then I tried apt-get upgrade and received the following:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
poppler-utils x11-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Setting up gconf2 (2.16.0-1osso15) ...
chmod: /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/server_accounts/GmailID_store/%gconf.xml: Input/output error
dpkg: error processing gconf2 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked:
osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked depends on gconf2 (>= 2.16.0-1osso14); however:
Package gconf2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
gconf2
osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

It looks like gconf2 may be my problem? Was it not installed correctly? How do I configure gconf2?
I tried redownloading and installing gconf2 and got the following:
dpkg -i gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 22003 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace gconf2 2.16.0-1osso15 (using gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gconf2 ...
chmod: /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/server_accounts/GmailID_store/%gconf.xml: Input/output error
dpkg: error processing gconf2 (--install):
gconf2

I tried a few other things with no luck. How do I fix this so everything is working as intended?

Originally Posted by Jimcz View Post
It looks like gconf2 may be my problem? Was it not installed correctly? How do I configure gconf2?
I tried redownloading and installing gconf2 and got the following:
dpkg -i gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 22003 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace gconf2 2.16.0-1osso15 (using gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gconf2 ...
dpkg: error processing gconf2 (--install):
gconf2
It seems like the file /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/server_accounts/gmailID_store/%gconf.xml is damaged and that causes gconf2 to fail.
Try deleting that file (it contains your configured email accounts in modest, you may try to backup it first)

EDIT: if you are on ext2, fsck your filesystem instead as scy suggests and move to ext3

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-03-28 at 21:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Having a problem installing Boingomobile after Diablo-Turbo was installed. Before I had Diablo-Turbo on my unit Boingomobile ran without a problem, but now when I install Boingomobile (took it off while installing DT) and then do a reboot I am not able to see mmc2 or mmc1 in the file manager and some of my icons are gone (Large clock, Personal Menu). Plus the desktop seems to do a couple of resets after the end of a reboot sequence. When I remove Boingomobile and reboot all returns to normal.
Confirmed. Nothing happened after rebooting but opening file manager showed no mmc cards and then hildon-desktop crashed and loads its failsafe statusbar set. Everything returns to normal when uninstalling boingomobile.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008