Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Sorry I report it here have no time to learn filing bugs atm.
No bug filed, no bug fixed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
After Nokia moved to WP7, Maybe I'll buy and Android. I hope that gpodder team will devlelop on this platform.
Considering there is no GTK nor native Python support in Android, I sincerely doubt it. The best podcast aggregator and arguably the dominant one on Android right now is Doggcatcher (in case you're interested in looking at it), but it doesn't feel or work like gPodder. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy both gPodder and Doggcatcher, but they're two completely different applications that do things in various different ways with differing ways of handling things like playlists and views.

If you prefer gPodder, you could continue to use it on your desktop to sync podcasts to your Android device via USB to play in the media player. (Unless a module is written to support OTA wifi syncing automatically.. hint hint?)

Sorry I report it here have no time to learn filing bugs atm.
Well, that's just lazy and irresponsible. You don't go yelling in the laundromat about your town's tax appropriations. I hope you yell that type of thing to the town hall. Get it?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-03-07 at 21:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I really wana thank thp for his noticeably Effort and contribution in Maemo community specially with gpodder my favorite app in my beloved N900 but i have request or suggestion to be added to gpodder settings which that i personally i prefer older episodes of podcast that gpodder limit me from going back and catch them up! therefore i wish there is an option to retrieve the history of one Feed to counts of latest 20 or 40 or 100.... (like in the screen shot attached below from Beyondpod app for Android) that would be awesome

Thanks Again :-)

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@thp tolle Einstellung

@danramos
1. I said atm
2. I have my own washdryer (Combined washing machine and dryer). And it is a Miele too.

@xavi6
Are you sure it is gpodder that limits you? I see all eps since start in 2007 of one of my podcasts. Over 200 eps.
Maybe it's the podcast. One of my podcasts limits its xml to the last 4 weeks.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-03-07 at 23:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
@danramos
1. I said atm
2. I have my own washdryer (Combined washing machine and dryer). And it is a Miele too.
1. Then why bother pointing out you're too busy to bother? This isn't instant messaging, so the implication is that you're just far too busy to lift a finger to type and post bug reports, in a most melodramatic fashion with the back of your hand on your forehead and flopping back onto your couch for a nap. More importantly, why bother wasting the time here to talk about the bugs instead of opening an incident ticket at the bugtracking website?

2. What the heck is a Miele? Looks like the word "mele", not a pleasant word.

@xavi6
Are you sure it is gpodder that limits you? I see all eps since start in 2007 of one of my podcasts. Over 200 eps.
Maybe it's the podcast. One of my podcasts limits its xml to the last 4 weeks.
I think from the language he's chosen and the screenshot, what he's ASKING for is a way to LIMIT the number of downloaded podcasts to a number of his own choosing (download fewer, not more, per podcast subscription).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Bug filed. Really lame you have to create a use-once-only email address just to report a bug.

@danramos
1. I was about to go to my office and had no time to create an email address etc but wanted thp to read it today. I did not know if I was coming back until wednesday.

2. www.miele.com Rolls Royce of household devices.

3. Not sure which of us understood xavi right. Maybe he can clarify.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-03-08 at 01:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Bug filed. Really lame you have to create a use-once-only email address just to report a bug.
Thanks for reporting the bug. Actually, you should not use a throw-away e-mail address, but use one that you read regularly. What if I need you to test something or try out a fix? What if I need additional logging output? You can only provide this to me if you monitor a bug (or get notified via e-mail).

Bug trackers are really an important tool for developers, and it's not just "drop your report in there", but rather a tool for communication between users and developers. It also helps planning features and getting an overview of the current status of the application.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xavi6 View Post
i have request or suggestion to be added to gpodder settings which that i personally i prefer older episodes of podcast that gpodder limit me from going back and catch them up! therefore i wish there is an option to retrieve the history of one Feed to counts of latest 20 or 40 or 100.... (like in the screen shot attached below from Beyondpod app for Android) that would be awesome
gPodder shows as much episodes as the feed offers. It cannot show more than what the feed gives (it can't make up episodes, at least not yet). Maybe you want to use the filters in the top row of the app menu (click on the title bar of the episodes list to open the app menu) and set it to "Deleted" (which means "show all episodes, even the deleted ones").

That said, for performance reasons, there's a max_episodes_per_feed configuration option that defaults to 200. You can set it to some other value by editing ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf. It's not exposed in the UI on purpose, as setting this to a higher value decreases performance even more.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Thanks for reporting the bug. Actually, you should not use a throw-away e-mail address, but use one that you read regularly. What if I need you to test something or try out a fix? What if I need additional logging output? You can only provide this to me if you monitor a bug (or get notified via e-mail).

Bug trackers are really an important tool for developers, and it's not just "drop your report in there", but rather a tool for communication between users and developers. It also helps planning features and getting an overview of the current status of the application.
No worries I'll keep and monitor it for a while. With once I meant just for this purpose not that I'll abandon it right away.
I just have extremely bad experience with email addys visible on open websites. Usually just takes hours til the spam flood sets in.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-03-08 at 10:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing