Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So is the update back on track or still in holding?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So is the update back on track or still in holding?
Back on track.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
A friend of mine just got it today, though he thought he was on the early release track.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The update broke landscape for some apps. Webcat, File Browser and quite possibly a few others. When in ladscape in those apps, edge swipes are interpreted as if the device was in portrait. A swipe from the left edge of the screen is interpreted as a swipe from the top and closes the app, right edge as bottom (opens notifications), top and bottom swipes as left and right to go back to home screen.

It is not all the apps, only some of them. So in theory they could blame those apps. But when the only thing that has changed is the OS, then I am more inclined to blame the OS.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The update broke landscape for some apps. Webcat, File Browser and quite possibly a few others. When in ladscape in those apps, edge swipes are interpreted as if the device was in portrait. A swipe from the left edge of the screen is interpreted as a swipe from the top and closes the app, right edge as bottom (opens notifications), top and bottom swipes as left and right to go back to home screen.

It is not all the apps, only some of them. So in theory they could blame those apps. But when the only thing that has changed is the OS, then I am more inclined to blame the OS.
all fine for me. problem is in your device/broken update

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
all fine for me. problem is in your device/broken update
"It works on my machine."

Not pointing finger at you coderus.But to all devs around the world

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
but it means there is no problem in update, also described behaviour is not possible at all. it rotates all or it doesn't rotates. it can't rotate application, but doesn't rotate gestures.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
but it means there is no problem in update, also described behaviour is not possible at all. it rotates all or it doesn't rotates. it can't rotate application, but doesn't rotate gestures.
Well, it does. That's why I call it broken. At first I though they just removed landscape gestures altogether in advance of the tablet, because it broke all my most commonly used applications. But tnen I noticed that it broke only some of them. Weird...

EDIT
The issue is 100% reproducible. Open e.g. File Browser, turn the phone to landscape, with the USB port on the left and LED indicator on the right. Swipe from the left edge. File Browser closes.

I suspected for a while that my screen orientation has something to do with it. I have it set to Landscape. But I changed it back to Dynamic and the issue persists.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-04-27 at 22:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Well, it does. That's why I call it broken. At first I though they just removed landscape gestures altogether in advance of the tablet, because it broke all my most commonly used applications. But tnen I noticed that it broke only some of them. Weird...

EDIT
The issue is 100% reproducible. Open e.g. File Browser, turn the phone to landscape, with the USB port on the left and LED indicator on the right. Swipe from the left edge. File Browser closes.

I suspected for a while that my screen orientation has something to do with it. I have it set to Landscape. But I changed it back to Dynamic and the issue persists.
Non-reproducible here. I tried it just like you described, with the File Browser and all gestures in all orientations work as they should (top swipe closes app etc.). I am on 1.1.4.x and this is the first time I'm hearing about such issue.

I know that my experience doesn't prove anything, but I'd think it may be something you changed earlier and this upgrade exposed it. I'm on a quite clean system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Not reproducible here either, 1.0.4.28, tested with Webcat and File Browser, gestures work like they should.