Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
There are some answer to old post...

Enter-key for microb: I'm planning something like a green check when vkb is used is microb, this is

possible but not so easy...
Would it replace a button? (Perhaps make it as a separate widget? So that it doesn't take up any of the other buttons on the VKB? *Shrug* I mean, I like using the Enter key as right now, it works almost exactly like a normal enter key. Of course, if in some cases it also just closed the vkb and committed the text including enter key, instead of just adding a newline to the text-to-be-committed, it would be more convenient for most users. *Shrug*

I just don't want the Enter key going away or having changed functionality in most windows - however, as I've advocated just about whenever I've spoken up, if it can be a settings option either way..

This is impossible because the vkb doesn't know where puts text you typed!!!
My personal argument is that this should be addressed at the UI level for a bunch of programs. Like, in FApMan, you don't have a text box, but you can bring it up by pressing search in the menu options, then click on it with the keyboard in to bring up the vkb. So you can still search everything just fine.

@Alfred: thank you for russian layout! I will add this one asap!
I should've gotten around to this, but I'm glad Alfred did. Alfred, you have my thanks as well.

Question: You have two more rows worth of possible keys you can add - 123+' and 123+'+Shift - any intention of ever opening those up?

I think not, but I will try to convert it...
If the .docs don't work out for you, I can do my best to copy his layout into something UTF-16 compatible, I just don't know what to save it in. I have FreOffice on my N900, LibreOffice (OpenOffice fork) on my laptop, and can also save type it into something very simple like vi - not sure how to specify character encoding that way though.

@Mentalist Traceur: a big big thank you for all answer in old post!
No need to thank me. I'm just doing my best out of what I can do, in lieu of actual Qt skills to help on the coding side.

- Edit -

Installed latest FastSMS update, I like the availability of adding words from within the vkb, though I haven't had occasion to try it yet. I also love that you got around to implementing that suggestion I made a long time about configuring orienation layout preferences.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
any plan to fix the duplicate symbol in this apps???
you should fix it by adding new symbol & replace the duplicate symbol....

also by any chance in near future u might considering adding two more button....

1.enter button (so we dont need to press the blur space to enter the word)....
2.copy & paste button (really important for copying text & links for easy typing)....

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
I've just uploaded vers 0.5-7. This one fixes problem related to new word dialog.

@pusak gaoq
'&' already exists: only it isn't displayed (near '=') and I don't know why.
1 - perhaps in future, as I said before, the main problem is "where?"
2 - 'copy & paste' will appears in future

Donate link

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
@Alfred: thank you for russian layout! I will add this one asap!
I should've gotten around to this, but I'm glad Alfred did. Alfred, you have my thanks as well.
Thank You guys for appreciating the stuff.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Would it replace a button? (Perhaps make it as a separate widget? So that it doesn't take up any of the other buttons on the VKB? *Shrug* I mean, I like using the Enter key as right now, it works almost exactly like a normal enter key. Of course, if in some cases it also just closed the vkb and committed the text including enter key, instead of just adding a newline to the text-to-be-committed, it would be more convenient for most users. *Shrug*

I just don't want the Enter key going away or having changed functionality in most windows - however, as I've advocated just about whenever I've spoken up, if it can be a settings option either way..
Yeah! If a 'green check' will appears it will not replace the actual return button!

My personal argument is that this should be addressed at the UI level for a bunch of programs. Like, in FApMan, you don't have a text box, but you can bring it up by pressing search in the menu options, then click on it with the keyboard in to bring up the vkb. So you can still search everything just fine.
We can try using shortcutd and a d-bus signal (vkb is displayed thougth it) but I think that nothing will happens...

Question: You have two more rows worth of possible keys you can add - 123+' and 123+'+Shift - any intention of ever opening those up?
I want to change shift behaviour like you said, remove 'abc' 'Abc' etc voices from menu and add a new one for symbol and smile, both in qwerty and in alphanum.

If the .docs don't work out for you, I can do my best to copy his layout into something UTF-16 compatible, I just don't know what to save it in. I have FreOffice on my N900, LibreOffice (OpenOffice fork) on my laptop, and can also save type it into something very simple like vi - not sure how to specify character encoding that way though.
I will try to use the file from Alfred...then I will give you some feedback

Donate link

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
That's great to hear about the green check and about the shift key, as well as about upcoming Copy+Paste. Might I ask how the copy paste is going to be implemented? (If you just implement normal selection, you can just add a Ctrl key and support standard Ctrl-C Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V combinations, as well as others like Ctrl-Y/Ctrl-Z for redo/undo respectively, etc. If going that route, see next paragraph)

Personally, I think a Tab or Ctrl key might be more useful than smilies, but that's depending on the user. Alternatively, the Tab key could easily be mapped to one of the 123 layout keys, instead of having a dedicated key.

Speaking of which, perhaps the 123 button could work like the Shift key as well - single press to pull the next key from the 123 layer, double press to lock to the 123 layer - so shift+123 makes the next letter from the 123+shift layer, but the rest of the following letters are the normal ones. 123+shift+shift locks shift but does only the next character from 123... Actually that's not necessarily as convenient for the users, so you could put 123 key behavior (and while you're at it Shift key behavior) into settings as well, between the way they work now and the way you're intending to implement the shift thing. (If you make a Ctrl key, the same thing would probably be great for that too.)

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Bugreport.
I think there is a problem with FastSMSevo and Nokia Pure font.
I have installed and activated Nokia Pure font thou Theme Customizer.
Now FastSMSevo doesnt start then I touch textareas.

If I switch back to Nokia Sans font, it works again.

Speaking of which, perhaps the 123 button could work like the Shift key as well - single press to pull the next key from the 123 layer, double press to lock to the 123 layer - so shift+123 makes the next letter from the 123+shift layer, but the rest of the following letters are the normal ones. 123+shift+shift locks shift but does only the next character from 123... Actually that's not necessarily as convenient for the users, so you could put 123 key behavior (and while you're at it Shift key behavior) into settings as well, between the way they work now and the way you're intending to implement the shift thing. (If you make a Ctrl key, the same thing would probably be great for that too.)
Yeah! Nice idea!

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Bugreport.
I think there is a problem with FastSMSevo and Nokia Pure font.
I have installed and activated Nokia Pure font thou Theme Customizer.
Now FastSMSevo doesnt start then I touch textareas.

If I switch back to Nokia Sans font, it works again.
Thank you for your post, I will check this.

Donate link

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Hello.
Some feedback.
I have used FastSMSevo for a few weeks now. And its very often I get repeated characters when using Qwerty. Maybe a few milliseconds of delay before you can typ the same character again will eliminate unwanted double characters.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this keyboard pops up randomly, if youve already typed some words, they disappear

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid