Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Is the blue line crossing the trigger line? You might have set the trigger line too high. I tested it, especially with 120, 40 and it worked for me!

P.S. Tomorrow I will release a version which shows the trigger line even it is outside the visible range.

After that I will be away for the next 4 weeks and might not be able to give my input!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Hi all

I guess you now played around a bit with the new experimental version, where the blue line triggers the alarm.
Are you happy with it? Or is it worse than before?
It would be good for me to get some feedback, so we can move on.

Currently I am working on a lucid dream and wake up music implementation.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi caco3,

I somehow didn't get used to new settings yet. I find it quite difficult to find right settings to have blue line, yellow bars and trigger level at correct positions. I put the phone beside my pillow on the bed so it only should recognize heavier movements. I set blue line to 80 and an additional offset of 20 and still have only minor deflections.

I guess I still don't understand the interrelation between these settings. It's also unnecessarily complicated by using different dimensions for the values. Increasing yellow bar by two has much more effect than increasing blue value by 30.

Maybe you could normalize these values so one can 'see' some coherence in these values?

Another question: does any of these settings affect the real recording of movements or are they just used for displaying the graphs?

current dev version works good (and better) with me,but I havent need to change default settings at all. also I like the feature it doesn´t wake up on first lonely spike.

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I somehow didn't get used to new settings yet. I find it quite difficult to find right settings to have blue line, yellow bars and trigger level at correct positions. I put the phone beside my pillow on the bed so it only should recognize heavier movements. I set blue line to 80 and an additional offset of 20 and still have only minor deflections.
It should not be more difficult than before! Only the (blue) settings values changed a bit. The yellow ones got not touched.

Maybe you could normalize these values so one can 'see' some coherence in these values?
Thats a great idea. I will have a look how easy it is to implement!

Another question: does any of these settings affect the real recording of movements or are they just used for displaying the graphs?
The do not affect the stored data at all.
They are only used to scale it on the display.
and more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange problem. I had earlier version of Sleepanalyser, but when I wanted to update, it said that I had broken packages, something about libpcre3. I figured maybe if I uninstalled sleepanalyser and then tried a clean install it would work, but no. Now I can't get the one in extras-testing to work nor the devel one. I have tried reinstalling libpcre3 but it doesn't let me.

This is the error message the Faster Application Manager gives me:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
sleepanalyser: Depends: libpcre3 but is not installable
E: Broken packages

I also tried googling it, but couldn't find the answer. Help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by rakonn View Post
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
sleepanalyser: Depends: libpcre3 but is not installable
E: Broken packages
According to http://maemo.org/packages/view/libpcre3/ it should be available in the repository "Maemo 5 device SSU repository (>= PR1.2)".
Either you have disabled it in the HAM or you are not yet using MAEMO 1.2 or 1.3.
and more...

Well that is the weird part, because I had updated to the newest PR and it didn't work, so I thought maybe I had somehow broken my system and reflashed the newest PR. And it is still saying the same thing about libpcre3.

Update the application list in HAM, remove SleepAnalyser and reinstall it.

If that does not help, open the X Terminal and run as root:
apt-get install libpcre3
and more...

Hi all

The new experimental version (2.0-x) is a pre-pre-release of the next main version. It has new features like lucid dream and wake up music. Beside of that I also turned on many other screws.
Have a look on the change log for more information.
Some minor features (see below) are still missing, but the major ones should be there and work.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Not yet implemented:
# Update additional info data
# add strings to translations list
# update documentation
# add indications to record window (lucid dream & wake up song)
# change y scaling movement to match other settings
# reset volume on end of recording
and more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post: