Active Topics

Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
the existence of an image doesn't mean a release (and in fact as you quoted I did mention there would be a release soon...). .
I see... so that justifies lies? To say in one post that it's not running on them, and then the next to say it is, and criticize me for repeating that you said it wasn't?

Btw: I noticed your silence when someone authoritative confirmed what I said (that MeeGo was based from Moblin, which did not have an ARM target, something you claimed I was ignorant and incorrect in saying). What's the matter? Cat got your liar tongue? But then why would I expect you to address this lie you told, when you haven't been man enough to address the other lies?

Sadly, one of the developers that was driven away after a ~8 page discussion here was one of the authors of the dialer app...
Probably by someone that lied, or claimed he said something when he didn't. Or, someone that claimed they knew all about something, and it's history, when they knew jack about it. Know anyone like that? Someone you've seen in a mirror lately? (Or do trolls not have reflections? Or was that vampires? Both maybe? OMG! He's a vampire troll! That explains so much!)

(oops! turns out there's a "dialnumber" call, despite your assertions to the contrary...).
LOL... Now who's ignorant? Yes, in the MeeGo library you pointed to, someone did indeed implement such a call. (And they call it several times too!) You'll note in the source you pointed to that the class in question isn't part of ofono. It's a MeeGo library, using a base class (org:: ofono:: VoiceCallManager)., not part of ofono itself.

What you don't get is that there's a lot more to do than call one function, which is why he implemented said call in his own class. You'll note he does lots of other setup in that function, like starting a watcher, connecting a callback function, and...

Wait... Why am I bothering? You won't read any of this, or reply to it but to nit-pick it. Damn vampire troll! Luring me into conversations! You seem to do nothing but lie and nit-pick, and frankly are a waste of my time (and the time of others). But it's so hard to resist the siren song... OMG! A Siren vampire troll! The trifecta! Where's a deaf vampire hunter with a flaming stake when you need one?!

Congratulations: You're now officially the first person I've added to my ignore/block list here. In fact, you're the first person I've ever added in block/ignore list in a non-IM environment, ever. You've proven your self to be such a nuisance, and so full of lies, misinformation, and reasonless spite that I honestly believe you have nothing valid to share, nor will you likely ever say anything vaguely useful in the near future. Further, if you did have something to useful to share, I couldn't believe it without separate validation, since you lie (or "omit the truth") so readily it would be impossible to tell what's real and what's been freshly plucked from your backside.

It takes a lot for me to get here, even abill at his craziest didn't make the cut to get ignored. You though, you just made it, by [__] that much. Now excuse me while I don a garlic necklace and go tie myself to a mast, in the center of a moated ring of fire.

Last edited by woody14619; 2011-09-09 at 22:55.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I see... so that justifies lies? To say in one post that it's not running on them, and then the next to say it is, and criticize me for repeating that you said it wasn't?
"They can't develop Meego because they lack hardware" -> I tell you there are images of Meego for the N950 around (post #300). In fact, I got notified of one three days ago.
"What are the future developments for Meego" -> I tell you : the N900, the N950 and the N9. (post #246).
I do not think either is a lie. I do not think they are contradictory either. Take your own conclusions...

Btw: I noticed your silence when someone authoritative confirmed what I said (that MeeGo was based from Moblin, which did not have an ARM target, something you claimed I was ignorant and incorrect in saying). What's the matter? Cat got your liar tongue? But then why would I expect you to address this lie you told, when you haven't been man enough to address the other lies?
Where have I claimed that Moblin had an ARM target? I've claimed that:
- ARM was a target for Meego since day 1, and specifically for MeegoCE since day -1 (post #246)
- Nokia had already started merging their stuff with upstream even before Meego, plus Moblin had a policy of using upstream stuff (post #251)
- That the Meego 1.0 release including ARM support was done within three months of the announcement (post #279), confirming that most of the work had already been done.

You have claimed that:
- That there was no ARM support at all during the Meego announcement (post #247)

Make your own conclusions.

Probably by someone that lied, or claimed he said something when he didn't. Or, someone that claimed they knew all about something, and it's history, when they knew jack about it. Know anyone like that? Someone you've seen in a mirror lately? (Or do trolls not have reflections? Or was that vampires? Both maybe? OMG! He's a vampire troll! That explains so much!)
Yeah, he was discussing with _you_. I sadly arrived late to that party.

LOL... Now who's ignorant? Yes, in the MeeGo library you pointed to, someone did indeed implement such a call. (And they call it several times too!) You'll note in the source you pointed to that the class in question isn't part of ofono. It's a MeeGo library, using a base class (org:: ofono:: VoiceCallManager)., not part of ofono itself.
Why it does not surprise me that you're not even capable of basic C++ understanding.

It's the Meego QML dialer application. That functions call the Dial(QString number) function which is implemented in its base class -- org:fono::VoiceCallManager -- which is part of... you guessed it, ofono.

Sadly, I guess giving C++ samples is too much for you. Maybe you prefer a link to the official ofono documentation; look for the Dial function.

The only thing extra done by that "ultra super class with lots of extra functions" is keeping a handle to the call so that you can, among other things, end it. Ah, if you only knew how QDBus worked...

So, will you post a retraction this time?
I'm still waiting for the one where you said the number of closed packages between Maemo and Meego was only marginally different. That's not something you can explain with your baseless "it does not matter" argument. It's false. And you've avoided the issue twice.

Also, I would rather enjoy you make a list of the supposed "lies" instead of more and more colorful posts. I've posted several retractions -- unlike you, who still doesn't want to accept the truth about ofono even when presented with the raw source code in front of his eyes.

Now that he is technically not listening: what's up with him?
Someone should point that link to him before he goes out spewing more FUD?

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-09-10 at 00:25.

This message is hidden because javispedro is on your ignore list.
Well that's disappointing. Ignoring someone still tells you when they post? What good is that? It's so tempting to unban them to read what they said. I think I'll avoid that temptation for now. I'm sure it's just another set of lies, personal insults and something misdirecting the conversation into yet another side channel to avoid the obvious fallacies of the lies (s)he tells.

Btw: Did you all see the big announcement about how Intel is going to "temporarily discontinue development of its MeeGo OS". Interesting... How long do you give Nokia before they stop funding the MeeGo CE team and/or MeeGo in general?

I'm betting Meego CE doesn't see an update after Jan 1 2012. Maybe then I can unban javispedro and see his "words of wisdom" on this topic again. (Plus it will be mid winter, and I'll have nothing better to do than engage siren vampire tolls, assuming this forum is still running then. )

Now he's reporting on a week old "rumor" (from the same people who brought you "Samsung plans to buy Meego") that has been discussed to death already and has even been denied by Intel's own CEO. Despite that, woody14619 calls it "a big announcement". What a tool.

And _even_ if Intel were to drop Meego today, and Nokia were to send black helicopters to kidnap all Meego CE developers, I do not know what that has to do with my point: that it is more open, and has thus better changes of actually going forward.

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-09-12 at 17:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
And another post from javispedro? Doesn't give up does he? I have to say, I kind of like the ignore feature. Should have started using it ages ago.

"Have you stopped beating dead horses?"

Just a couple of other bits if info I found, that unlike the Intel news has not been highly discussed... Looks like Nokia is confirming a bit that my speculation on where MeeGo (& MeeGoCE in particular) is headed was right. From the last Maemo Community Meeting:
SD69_: I hope this isn't too blunt, but does Nokia care much what happens with maemo.org community?
mairas SD69_, sure, we're funding maemo.org a lot longer than the internal meego team!
Sounds like the MeeGo CE team is not going to be around much longer... Sad in a way, but not a surprise. Guess those blobs won't see much in the way of updates after all.

Also, it looks like MeeGo in general is seeing less activity these days, via another report about paid developers going away (due to priority shifts by corps funding it, one would assume). In particular the stats on the MeeGo-dev list and the MeeGo-commits list are painful. The spike in the commits, followed by relatively low traffic would indicate to me a last-effort dump before a stabilization period, or a spin-down. This could be the 1.3 release? But previous releases didn't see this pattern, so I'm not sure it makes sense in that context.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@woody14619 - AFAIK it will be 1.3 release. Which will be great news.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@woody14619 - AFAIK it will be 1.3 release. Which will be great news.
I agree. A new release should be celebrated, and the commit cycle makes sense for that. But the drop-off in devel chatter? It could just be vacations? The author of the blog thinks otherwise, but... Let's hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I'm betting Meego CE doesn't see an update after Jan 1 2012.
Huh.... Calendar reminders are really persistent little buggers.

I had a reminder set to come unban Javispedro and see how my initial "prediction" of MeeGo CE not seeing an update after 1-1-2012 was going. Looks like I guessed a little late. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

How's that open governance working out now? I've seen quite a few complaints about how fragmented the N9 information is, including in the last MWKN. That and how the apps garage on meego.com never came to be.

Really is sad, especially for those on the N9/Harmattan. I'm sure eventually they'll be folded back into Maemo.com, since there's not a lot of other places to go as a community. Perhapse it will even help breath a little more life into the forum, or at least keep Nokia funding it a while longer.

Sad to be so right on this one...

I had a reminder set to come unban Javispedro and see how my initial "prediction" of MeeGo CE not seeing an update after 1-1-2012 was going. Looks like I guessed a little late. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.
With the last release being less than a month ago and a new release coming this week (http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/mee...er/000875.html), I say you did indeed misguessed.

Actually, I'm going to go farther and use this as a living example for my initial point: as Meego is more open, its development has survived abandonment by its two larger backing companies.

I've seen quite a few complaints about how fragmented the N9 information is, including in the last MWKN. That and how the apps garage on meego.com never came to be.
No need to enter on this infrastructure debate because I fully agree and it is being worked on. (I personally do not feel the need for a garage any longer seeing that everyone else uses github either way, but on the other hand apps.formeego.org is slowly coming).

Btw, it's maemo.org .

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Nemo Mobile is well and alive (new name for MeeGo CE, old name was well, tainted) and we rebased on the Mer effort instead

http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo

IRC at irc.freenode.net #nemomobile

We announce on mer-general@ mailing list right now, http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-gene...erproject.org/ with latest release on 22 December 2011, http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-gene.../msg00060.html

Nsuffy's youtube channel is a good way to track UI progress, http://www.youtube.com/user/nsuffys
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance