Closed Thread
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ahbarnasha View Post
before discussing all kinds of swipe methods, maybe the devs should say if they think something like this is possible and if they want to do it.
I was just going to make this point. Yes, CSSU team, please advice us:
1. Is swipe up and down possible?
2. How difficult will it be to implement an expose effect for the desktops?
3. Is there any other better methods?
4. How high of a priority can this be?
5. Are we barking up a useless tree?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I was just going to make this point. Yes, CSSU team, please advice us:
1. Is swipe up and down possible?
2. How difficult will it be to implement an expose effect for the desktops?
3. Is there any other better methods?
4. How high of a priority can this be?
5. Are we barking up a useless tree?
Hasn't MAG already said somewhere in this thread that this was is difficult to implement? I got the impression from his comments that nobodhy was actually working on it in the CSSU team.

To be honest this personally wouldn't be a ppriorty for me as I am not sure what great advantage it would have over the present set up.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Nothing's impossible if there are devs to do it, I for one am a Gtk noob, so doing it wouldn't be easy at all for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Is modest or the widget open or closed?
I started a thread about a new email widget and so far people seem to be in agreement http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...447#post987447
any chance of this being created for CSSU like the new media player will be integrated?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
there was an update to the cssu-enabler today. any idea what was changed or what the update carried btw?

The old package was corrupt, nothing more.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
Not a bad idea at all, although I don't like the proximity sensor bit, since I end up accidently touching the proximity sensor alot :P
So for me this would cause more problems than it would solve.

But I think some people will miss the media bar function as its quite a popular feature. Plus having a 'dashboard' type view of all your desktop screens would be a pretty slick feature to compliment the CSSU
You know what - there is something that shows all desktops on a desktop... I had it loaded at one point... It's called Homescreen Widget... and it looks like this: (check the bottom of the screen... each of those are a desktop, and I could quickly access those desktops by just tapping on the corresponding screen.

My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
That just seems to show backgrounds instead of showing the widgets

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
You know what - there is something that shows all desktops on a desktop... I had it loaded at one point... It's called Homescreen Widget... and it looks like this: (check the bottom of the screen... each of those are a desktop, and I could quickly access those desktops by just tapping on the corresponding screen.

a screenshot of all desktops might further help us identify the widget

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
That just seems to show backgrounds instead of showing the widgets
Well Yes, but still, it's a quick way (be it very small way) of seeing them all at once.. ;-) I know what you mean though! I just loaded 7 widgets back on, because I remember how cool and useful these were.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade