Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post

has anyone else noticed that you can switch desktops using the directional buttons on the hardware keyboard?thought that rocks!

Peace!
Wow, didn't know that!

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus

Had one of those moments before and it kinda got me down...you know, one of those "what am i gonna if i was forced to change my n900" moments. but then i discovered the new directional buttons desktop thing and it cheered me right up!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
can someone please paste the complete apt-get install.. command for the SSU update to latest version. my application manager is not upgrading it and asking me to update through PC suite.
Regards

sudo gainroot
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by saadgadit View Post
asking me to update through PC suite.
Regards
Seems like you should install testing. At least that's what helped my N900.

I find portrait to be awesome but there's one flaw with it. I think that the menu button should be relocated (if possible) to improve the ease of using the phone in portrait. I find it quite hard to press menu button while using only my right hand. It would be awesome if it was at the bottom of the screen (only in portrait - in landscape it doesn't matter since it's optimal to use both hands) or at least at the top right corner. But I'm afraid that it would require rewriting the whole portrait mode from scratch :/.

The Following User Says Thank You to swistaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by nithin View Post
Thanks. That helped. It downloaded that package and i was able to update the CSSU after that.
time to press "Thanks" button

Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
Hi guys , ive been having problems with the new camera ui....it freezes sometimes and doesnt seem to save any of the pics i take.
The new camera ui froze on me once, it was after I had turned on geotagging so could be related to that. Normally I don't turn on geotagging / gps coords.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post

How do i fix this?
I can't find the solution for this..
the portrait mode is awesome but this makes it almost unusable.. thanks before
This is only happened when you're rotating the device to portrait. If you don't want to see this then do not rotate.

FYI, if you want it to show in full rotation then you must enable force rotation. Simple thing like this should not even need to mention.

Q: if we disable auto rotation how come whenever we open the phone app it get stuck at landscape even if we set the rotation control to automatic or fixed portrait? Is there any fixes for this while having CSSU installed? At least only for phone app.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Q: if we disable auto rotation how come whenever we open the phone app it get stuck at landscape even if we set the rotation control to automatic or fixed portrait? Is there any fixes for this while having CSSU installed? At least only for phone app.
I think there is no WE! mine has no problem. Change the turning control Display orientation to automatic then it should be fine. I don't have any issue with rotation.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade