Active Topics

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
@maacruz: Thanks for asking. Installation of kernel version 3 is successfully completed with all accompanying files. Uname reports a 13 march kernel.

The rootfs still gets mounted as ext2 though. Is there some additional magic I have to do for this partition to get recognized as ext3? Do I need to edit fstab?

Code:
/etc $ cat /etc/fstab
rootfs  /               rootfs  defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime      0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /media/mmc1 vfat rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,utf8,uid=29999 0 0
So the filesystem errors are also still there. I regularly boot into flash and fsck them out.

@Jimcz: I had input/output errors which had gone away after fsck my ext2 filesystem.

The Following User Says Thank You to scy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Confirmed. Nothing happened after rebooting but opening file manager showed no mmc cards and then hildon-desktop crashed and loads its failsafe statusbar set. Everything returns to normal when uninstalling boingomobile.
Sigh... there it goes my 12 days uptime
Confirmed, no mmc cards. hildon-desktop didn't crash for me.
My hildon-desktop package version is 1:2.0.18-1fix1, seems probably a patched version I built around august, from cssu sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scy View Post
@maacruz: Thanks for asking. Installation of kernel version 3 is successfully completed with all accompanying files. Uname reports a 13 march kernel.

The rootfs still gets mounted as ext2 though. Is there some additional magic I have to do for this partition to get recognized as ext3? Do I need to edit fstab?

Code:
/etc $ cat /etc/fstab
rootfs  /               rootfs  defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime      0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /media/mmc1 vfat rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,utf8,uid=29999 0 0
So the filesystem errors are also still there. I regularly boot into flash and fsck them out.

@Jimcz: I had input/output errors which had gone away after fsck my ext2 filesystem.
It should be mounted as ext3
Look at /mnt/initfs/linuxrc and see if the first line after the comments is
FS_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3 ext2"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
hildon-desktop didn't crash for me.
My hildon-desktop package version is 1:2.0.18-1fix1, seems probably a patched version I built around august, from cssu sources.
I have the same version of hildon-desktop.

It should be mounted as ext3
Look at /mnt/initfs/linuxrc and see if the first line after the comments is
FS_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3 ext2"
Maacruz - That is exactly what it says. Do I need to change it?

Originally Posted by Jimcz View Post
Maacruz - That is exactly what it says. Do I need to change it?
No, that is how it must be for ext3 automounting to work.
Have you converted your filesystem to ext3? or are you running from flash?

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Having a problem installing Boingomobile after Diablo-Turbo was installed. Before I had Diablo-Turbo on my unit Boingomobile ran without a problem, but now when I install Boingomobile (took it off while installing DT) and then do a reboot I am not able to see mmc2 or mmc1 in the file manager and some of my icons are gone (Large clock, Personal Menu). Plus the desktop seems to do a couple of resets after the end of a reboot sequence. When I remove Boingomobile and reboot all returns to normal.There could be more problems..still looking.

Could someone give Boingomobile app a try, you do not need to open an account just install the app and reboot, thank you.
Do you remember your problems after installing DT a while ago? Now we know the cause

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Do you remember your problems after installing DT a while ago? Now we know the cause
Yes I do. A bummer because Boingomobile is needed when I am on the road plus I am paying for the service.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Yes I do. A bummer because Boingomobile is needed when I am on the road plus I am paying for the service.
I'll have a look at it. In the meanwhile, you already know the workaround.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
@maacruz: Thanks, solved. The root partition mounts as ext3 now. You pointed me into the right area. linuxrc FS_modules were fine, bootmenu.conf was not. Therein ext2 was set for my root partition.

Thus, I updated these lines in the bootmenu.conf and flashed the menu with fanoush's flasher again:
Code:
MENU_2_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3"
MENU_2_FSTYPE="ext3"
Link: How to flash boot menu (steps 6-9) and bootmenu.conf example

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scy For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008