Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Do that again, and click the details to see exactly what application package is missing and type it here.
Is your N900 PR1.2?
Do you have Extras / Extras Testing / Extras Devel enabled?
Yes its PR 1.2 and Extra Devel is disabled

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Yes its PR 1.2 and Extra Devel is disabled
And the rest of the things I asked you? They don't deserve answers?
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Sorry, just give me few minutes right now ever other ugrades are going on so my handset is almost hanged

Sorry, just give me few minutes right now ever other ugrades are going on so my handset is almost hanged
Don't as much time as you need, just answer everything cause it's hard to help anyway through a forum and not chat / voice, especially since you are not very familiar with the terminal.

Do that again, and click the details to see exactly what application package is missing and type it here.
Is your N900 PR1.2?
Do you have Extras / Extras Testing / Extras Devel enabled?
OK I am not sure what application package is missing but this is what it describes

Application Package Missing "libqtm-contacts libtelepathy-qt4-0(>=0.2)"

OK I am not sure what application package is missing but this is what it describes

Application Package Missing "libqtm-contacts libtelepathy-qt4-0(>=0.2)"
It's telling you that both of these are missing.
Are you installing this from the deb files I linked you earlier? if so, which one? If you don't have extras testing and extras devel enabled, don't install the one from extras testing.
Did you refresh your application manager?

Please read carefully and answer everything, or I just might have to kill you.

It's telling you that both of these are missing.
Are you installing this from the deb files I linked you earlier? if so, which one? If you don't have extras testing and extras devel enabled, don't install the one from extras testing.
Did you refresh your application manager?

Please read carefully and answer everything, or I just might have to kill you.
I downloaded the deb file from this link provided by you

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...13-1_armel.deb

I am not sure whether I have extra devel enabled or not but whenever I open Application Manager or Refresh it, just like the way i did just now it shows me a message "Application list partially refreshed some cataloges unavailable check catalogue detais"

When i click on detailsIt shows Extras-Devel in failed catalog.

I downloaded this deb file from the link provided by you into data folder and ran it directly from file manager when this error came

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Marino
Can I give you a suggestion? In all "maemo style" desktop, if I push an icon, nothing happen, and the function of it is executed only on release. In this way, if I want to scroll to another desktop for example, also if I touch an icon during scrolling, nothing happen. In MyContacts, if I touch group icons, it immediately change groups. This doesn't happen if I touch a contact icon. It's only a suggestion/brainstorm but... think about this if you mind!

(sorry for my English! I hope it's understandable!)

The Following User Says Thank You to McRae For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I downloaded the deb file from this link provided by you

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...13-1_armel.deb

I am not sure whether I have extra devel enabled or not but whenever I open Application Manager or Refresh it, just like the way i did just now it shows me a message "Application list partially refreshed some cataloges unavailable check catalogue detais"

When i click on detailsIt shows Extras-Devel in failed catalog.

I downloaded this deb file from the link provided by you into data folder and ran it directly from file manager when this error came
Have you figured out?

If you try to install the application using the x-terminal/dpkg/package (not the application manager or apt-get) you will have to install all the dependencies first "by hand".

Assuming you have the repositories set and enabled the easiest and quickest way is by running on x-terminal as root:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libqtm-contacts mycontacts

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by McRae View Post
Can I give you a suggestion? In all "maemo style" desktop, if I push an icon, nothing happen, and the function of it is executed only on release. In this way, if I want to scroll to another desktop for example, also if I touch an icon during scrolling, nothing happen. In MyContacts, if I touch group icons, it immediately change groups. This doesn't happen if I touch a contact icon. It's only a suggestion/brainstorm but... think about this if you mind!

(sorry for my English! I hope it's understandable!)
McRae,
Thank you. This issue has been reported before but I haven't fixed it yet. I will address it on the next release.
Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases