Notices

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
1. Then why bother pointing out you're too busy to bother? This isn't instant messaging, so the implication is that you're just far too busy to lift a finger to type and post bug reports, in a most melodramatic fashion with the back of your hand on your forehead and flopping back onto your couch for a nap. More importantly, why bother wasting the time here to talk about the bugs instead of opening an incident ticket at the bugtracking website?

2. What the heck is a Miele? Looks like the word "mele", not a pleasant word.

I think from the language he's chosen and the screenshot, what he's ASKING for is a way to LIMIT the number of downloaded podcasts to a number of his own choosing (download fewer, not more, per podcast subscription).

@casketizer i think you are Absolutely right cox i checked Another podcast and i got all of the 200 episodes! the question now! how can i get over the .xml limitation

@ Danramos: you Got me right too and thp Guided well to how to reConfig the number of episodes and why he hide it as for performance reason

@thp: Thanx again and Again

The Following User Says Thank You to xavi6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@thp
It seems the download status bug is fixed with latest version.

Another question:
By which criteria are eps sorted in episodes view?
Two of my podcasts are not sorted by date anymore.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
By which criteria are eps sorted in episodes view?
Two of my podcasts are not sorted by date anymore.
The episodes are sorted by the pubDate field in the feed, descending. This usually corresponds to the publishing date.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Seems to have a bug then. I'll examine the xml tonight to make sure and report back.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
You're enjoying to use a great piece of software but sometimes this fabulously product has a small whimsicality that drives you crazy every day!

In my case I'm using gPodder on the go in my car without a fast Internet connection. I update my podcasts mostly at home using a W-Lan connection.

Normally gPodder shows always the new, not already downloaded, episodes from a podcast at the top of the list. But, on the go, they are totally uninteresting for me. More than that. I don't want to see them.
Sitting in my car, I have always to scroll down thru the list, searching for a already downloaded podcast... ready to hear exactly now. Not very handy while driving...

I thought that the options "Deleted", "All" and "Downloads" at the menu from the Episodes List is exactly for this purpose. But Downloads includes the new, not already downloaded episodes. So this option is useless for me. I filled a bug about this last year. But thp considered it as a important feature, not a bug. This could be the case for other people. So perhaps he is right. But perhapse some others have the same problem as I. Because of this I'm writing this small post. (and to document my own changes to fix it in the next release, too)

I fixed this bug for me. If I select now "Downloads" I see only downloaded and instantly playable podcasts. Hooray!
After long searching and digging in the totally wrong places I found the correct lines to fix it.
Now I have the best gPodder release ever on my N900 and you're not!

If you want that it behaves the same way on your device and you're brave enought, then follow my instructions. You need pyGTKEditor or Leafpad or something like that and rootsh installed on your Device.

This small instruction is especially for gPodder 2.13 - but perhaps it works with other releases, too.

So, first go to the Terminal and type: (in a single line, ignore the automatic word wrap)
Code:
cd /home/maemo/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/frmntl
Now you need the privileges to edit the file
Code:
sudo gainroot
chmod 777 model.py
exit
(more rights than you need, but works for me)
Ensure that you have the root shell closed using exit.

Now you can edit the file with the unwelcome feature.

Using leafpad:
Code:
leafpad model.py
Using pyGTKeditor:
Code:
pygtkeditor model.py
Now to the real cause. Search in the file for those 2 subroutines:
def on_get_value(self, rowref, column):
and
def has_episodes(self):

Important: Change the code in both functions!

The first is somewhere at line 157 in function def on_get_value(self, rowref, column):

Here you can find:
Code:
        elif column == self.C_VIEW_SHOW_DOWNLOADED:
            return episode.state == gpodder.STATE_DOWNLOADED or \
                    (episode.state == gpodder.STATE_NORMAL and \
                     not episode.is_played) or \
                    downloading(episode)
change it to
Code:
        elif column == self.C_VIEW_SHOW_DOWNLOADED:
            return episode.state == gpodder.STATE_DOWNLOADED
The second is at line 312 (it may differ because of the deleted lines in the first function) in function def has_episodes(self):

Change this:
Code:
        elif self._view_mode == self.VIEW_DOWNLOADED:
            is_visible = lambda episode: episode.state == gpodder.STATE_DOWNLOADED or \
                    (episode.state == gpodder.STATE_NORMAL and \
                     not episode.is_played) or \
                    self._downloading(episode)
to this:
Code:
        elif self._view_mode == self.VIEW_DOWNLOADED:
            is_visible = lambda episode: episode.state == gpodder.STATE_DOWNLOADED
Watch out that you have the correct quantity of spaces at the beginning of the lines or the code will crash! Read about python at wikipedia if you don't know why. Thats all!
I hope this small guide was detailed enought. If your changes break gPodder simply uninstall it using the application Manager and reinstall the stable release again. If you break something else or your Device... it wasn't me! In this case you have made this changes yourself and at your own risk. I have only tried to help you fixing something at gPodder.

So, keep on enjoying gPodder!

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-03-22 at 15:25. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
A few weeks back there was a article in the maemo.org news section about a new user interface for gPodder in development.
I am curious as to whether there has been further progress on that.
Could someone please post the link, I can not seem to find it anymore? Thank You.

Originally Posted by tho View Post
A few weeks back there was a article in the maemo.org news section about a new user interface for gPodder in development.
I am curious as to whether there has been further progress on that.
Could someone please post the link, I can not seem to find it anymore? Thank You.
Yes, that's the QML UI. It's not ready for public consumption yet, but you can find it in the Git repository in the "tres" branch. It might eat your first-born and steal your wife. You have been warned. If there's a problem, you'll be on your own. And it's using a different on-disk storage format.

Progress on that is ongoing, but has slowed down a bit in the last few weeks due to the summer term starting up at University Expect some more progress on gPodder/QML when that other project has been finished.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
To fix youtube downloads, in /opt/maemo/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/youtube.py:

fmt_url = fmt_url.replace('\\/', '/')

needs to change to:

fmt_url = fmt_url.replace('\\/', '/').replace("\u0026", "&")

Change inspired by khuong.

Frank

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
To fix youtube downloads...
Patch merged in http://gpodder.org/commit/fe87d344 - thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
thp, can we have an option to play the episodes in someplayer?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing