Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have a feature request, if it's not very troublesome.

It would be useful to show network strength by the network name after scanning, thus you can select the best signal available for decrypting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
lol....load the driver first then enable the monitor mode....
after using it then go back to configure WLAN Driver & unload the driver (monitor mode will be automatic disable) before you exit Cleven...
AFAIK, power kernel has injection drivers already included; is there really a need to load and unload the drivers?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of cleven_2.2-1 in extras-devel

Changes:
  • NEW: Information on the power of an AP.
  • CHANGE: Modification in the main window (minor).
  • CHANGE: Update and cleanup of the debian install scripts.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Signal power is good idea, but wouldn't the signal quality (!= power) be more useful? You can easily collect IVs from low-power, high-quality AP, or You can got problems with -50 dB AP; if, by some reasons, it's signal is of constantly bad quality.

Of course, no reason to not include both - there are plenty of space in detected APs list

---

Saturn, can I grill You again for not including broadcast deauthentication in WEP mode? Man, in new layout, there is plenty of space available for 4th button

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Signal power is good idea, but wouldn't the signal quality (!= power) be more useful? You can easily collect IVs from low-power, high-quality AP, or You can got problems with -50 dB AP; if, by some reasons, it's signal is of constantly bad quality.

Of course, no reason to not include both - there are plenty of space in detected APs list

---

Saturn, can I grill You again for not including broadcast deauthentication in WEP mode? Man, in new layout, there is plenty of space available for 4th button

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
If we're grilling, could we also get -p0841 attack mode? Fragmentation and chop-chop seem to work poorly on N900 (around 10-30 IVS per second) and require active clients like arp replay. p0841 gets to >200 like arp replay and works quite often with no clients around.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Release of cleven_2.2-1 in extras-devel

Changes:
  • NEW: Information on the power of an AP.
Wow! that was fast!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Wow! that was fast!
I was thinking also to sort them by power instead on name..

Anyways, don't trust that much this measurement; the data are from only a few seconds. I would use more an extra program like the wifieye to determine the surrounding.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
@Saturn

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81219&page=3

It seems, that it's working finally. Considering heavy integration with aircrack-ng, could it be also supported by Cleven GUI?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It depends on the work done on the driver side. There are some serious guys which have added quadratic models but in most cases the conversion is done with a linear model.

The wl12xx drivers use a linear model..

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver