Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Another review:

http://www.puhelinvertailu.com/uutis...a_kamera_ottaa

I have no idea what it says, it's in suomi
First impressions rather than review. Fairly positive one, but it does say this

"Jollassa on myös tekniset valmiudet 4G LTE -tiedonsiirtoon, mutta puhelin ei toistaiseksi tue sitä."

"Jolla phone has technical capability for 4G LTE, but it does not support it yet."

Can anyone with the phone confirm this? By far the biggest dissapointment so far if this is true. Stop marketing it as 4G phone, if its true. Upgraded my data plan for LTE yesterday...for my Jolla.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
First impressions rather than review. Fairly positive one, but it does say this

"Jollassa on myös tekniset valmiudet 4G LTE -tiedonsiirtoon, mutta puhelin ei toistaiseksi tue sitä."

"Jolla phone has technical capability for 4G LTE, but it does not support it yet."

Can anyone with the phone confirm this? By far the biggest dissapointment so far if this is true. Stop marketing it as 4G phone, if its true. Upgraded my data plan for LTE yesterday...for my Jolla.
Sorry but I read yesterday in IRC that 4G will come as an update to the OS but no indications of when...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
It says about LTE that it works on 6 continents on the spec sheet.

Not that it might work one day on some continents. Just pure dishonest marketing

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Not that it might work one day on some continents. Just pure dishonest marketing
Well, I wouldn't be so harsh... it may have been an ommission (honest mistake). I suppose they'll give you your money back in full if this is a deal breaker for you and call it dishonest marketing only if they refuse to.

Thanks for this, bockersjv: http://bockersjvjollasailfish.blogsp...n-and-how.html

(but we do look forward to some extended one, no pressure though ;-) )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wonder what's the battery life for people after they've stopped tinkering with it but are actually using it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Well, I wouldn't be so harsh... it may have been an ommission (honest mistake). I suppose they'll give you your money back in full if this is a deal breaker for you and call it dishonest marketing only if they refuse to.
Well, mistake or not its still untrue marketing. Also, this isn't about some half forgotten 30 character tweet from six months ago. Its the offiical spec sheet that they are telling people to check when asking questions.

I'll have to see if I can cancel the LTE extra on my data plan and if it costs me extra to cancel it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria

OTOH, it also says that a list of supported countries and carriers will be published later. So signing up for an LTE data plan assuming the jolla phone would support LTE in country A with carrier X was risky.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:

Totally agree. I'm ready to give a lot of slack for them, but that's just dishonest. All of us bought the phone knowing a lot less than when we buy a iOS, Android, WP etc device.
For the very least we should be able to trust the spec sheet and expect those to be there when we get the phone.

Just not good enough Jolla.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I would not trust anything not from Jolla itself or one of the Jolla sailors (like w00t).
Well, the source was Marc Dillon. But who knows with these journalists .

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience