Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
ok on my facebook i was told by nokia that a firmware update will be coming soon they also told me that maemo os canot support turn by turn navigation but thats a seperate issue .
What a bull load of shiit. Any OS can support turn by turn navigation. It is simply a frigging Voice file that the program seeking for the right timing to say it out. It is all in the program and if the program added that extra functionality then the OS will be able to use it.

OS is just a shell with loads of API that will rendering the instructions of programs. Sygic can get it to work so why can't Nokia? I believe this is a nature of the business, if Nokia implementing Voice Turn By Turn then Sygic will lose its customers. So there is something fishy going on with the deal.

Defind the words "Coming Soon". As you already know, they use this words in the movies and games release as well. "Coming Soon" is somewhere from 2months to 1year for it. So the time frame of "Coming Soon" will be somewhat uncertainty. As long there is no solid confirmation date then then "Coming Soon" is as bad as Never. Despite Never is Never lol

For some reason someone posted the following on the "Jaaksi leaving" thread (not sure about the source):

Good news pups;

Code:
Comment #30 from Eero Tamminen (Nokia) 2010-09-30 14:17:27 GMT+3 [reply]
Next PR release is definitely coming and close now.
happyhappyjoyjoy!

edit: if you glegs didnt get it, its 1.3 incoming!

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Finland / UK
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
ok on my facebook i was told by nokia that a firmware update will be coming soon they also told me that maemo os canot support turn by turn navigation but thats a seperate issue .
I know this isn't the main issue here, but I find the claim that Maemo can't support turn by turn navigation ridiculous. Sygic is finding it possible.

yeah lets not get side tracked but i had posted this on a previous post of mine i copied and pasted the reply from nokia .. from my facebook...any insight would be appreciated

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
No need rumour.
There is already a week 2010.41 package and it is still on going bugs elemination.

http://www.octofish.net/bugjar/2010/...ons-bu-96.html
I think you mixed up the bug report designation to the binary build number. The 2010.41 designation in the bug report simply means it's the status update on week 41, not the actual binary build. But I have been tracking bugs less recently so maybe there is indeed a 2010.41 build.

Nokia US ‎@Jake The Maemo OS has been open source since day 1. We will be releasing another firmware update to the N900 very soon. @Jorge, the Maemo OS cannot run Turn by Turn Navigation.
Friday at 8:44am ·

LOL!! there will never be another update, you poor souls, embrace reality, your beloved n900 is dead on nokias's eyes.

see ya on the other side.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Anyway take some of your worry and depression, and desperation away for a moment from PR1.3 lol
I've recorded a couple of videos with my N900 for you all to watch. Taken while driving (Day time and night time with poor light condition).
So Kudo on Youtube for me

Sorry my car gone extremely high revving in some point lol. I was not speeding I promised. The day time video may be a little glared by the sun and bad focus because I recorded it while I'm trying to changing gear and steering the wheel at the same time. I cut that part out already lol.

Day time driving home after work: I'm re-uploading it again.. Stupid Youtube ruined the videos.

Night time driving: Still rendering..Uploading again..

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-10-12 at 01:19.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
hmm.. I used it a couple of weeks now (beta tester) and it seems to work fine . So cheer up guys . I can't say much, but it will be published very soon. Sooner what even you thing.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
hmm.. I used it a couple of weeks now (beta tester) and it seems to work fine . So cheer up guys . I can't say much, but it will be published very soon. Sooner what even you thing.
lol sure sure.. LIAR!!!

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn