Notices

ok that seems to be a hanging feedingit from the widget at the moment i closed the widget a instance popped up.

what does the font size of the artical listing do now? i am trying to set it to way smaller sizes but it stays very big.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
0.7 is a bit of a preview version to integrate the patches that were sent to me. Right now, the article listing font size doesn't do anything, and version numbers and links aren't updated yet.

As for your issue, I don't really have any good ideas. You could try to export your feeds to file, then:
mv /home/user/.feedingit /home/user/.feedingit.bak
to reset everything, and then re-import the feeds.
That will give you a fresh start, but I have a feeling this won't change much.

Hi

When i select auto-update do i have to have the widget and/or app running for it to update? is there an invisible daemon?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by gurpal2000 View Post
When i select auto-update do i have to have the widget and/or app running for it to update? is there an invisible daemon?
Yes, both the app or the widget can do automatic updates (they each have their own setting to enable it, but it needs to be running to get triggered). The easiest is to enable it in the widget, and to leave that running (it's lower memory than the app to leave running, and the update is less disruptive CPU-wise).

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
having a new issue with feedingit right now... started using the auto update with the latest build pushed into extras testing and now after a week of auto updates it appears to do nothing. i opened the app about an hour ago and got the update in progress please wait screen, this is still on the screen and feeding it appears to be doing nothing.

a couple of requests for this screen, could you add a progress bar to it (the style in the latest ver of gpodder looks good) and could you also add a cancel button to stop the update?

sucks i miss reading my feeds this morning....

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
i killed python2.5 update_feeds.py and i can now see my feeds but looks like nothing was updated since friday at 4pm when i last did a manual update.... note my auto update s set for every 4 hours...

"achived articles" function does not work.
every time when i tap artices from achived articles,it shows me "this articles has not been load......"
what can i do?

thank you!

@jer006: sounds like the updating got into a deadlock. Not quite sure how that happened though. I'll add a "force kill" or something like that as a safe way around it.

@harry: Did you update the Archived Articles feed (either update with the Update All, or just the single Update Feed)?

Hey, what I really miss is something like a "global inbox". Like a "virtual feed" or "filter" that contains all the unread items from all the feeds. Then one could read all the unread articles by swiping through them without having to switch feeds.

something weird happening since the last update. Now it seems to stay stuck in portrait mode when im doing other things. a 'flip' or 'shake' doesn't make it come out of it unless i switch to something else via the dash.

also updates seem to work intermittently even when the widget and app is running. It's like the n900s timer has it's own mind. either that or the scheduling hooks are screwed up!