Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Have you figured out?

If you try to install the application using the x-terminal/dpkg/package (not the application manager or apt-get) you will have to install all the dependencies first "by hand".

Assuming you have the repositories set and enabled the easiest and quickest way is by running on x-terminal as root:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libqtm-contacts mycontacts

OK since I am not familier with linux command can you tell me how can I browse this data folder in XTerminal Console?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
OK since I am not familier with linux command can you tell me how can I browse this data folder in XTerminal Console?
Let's try step by step:

Option #1: use application manager (extras version)
Just start application manager, hit the update button, select "download" and find mycontacts. It is by far the easiest way and it will install all the missing dependencies (libqtm-contacts). The one downside is that it will install an old version but should be your first attempt anyway.

Option #2: use application manager but install the latest version
You will need to enable extras-testing or extras-devel on the application manager and follow the same steps of option #1.

Option #3: apt-get
1. using the application manager install "rootsh"
2. start the x-terminal (you will find an icon for it on the applications menu)
3. type each one of the lines on the code section bellow followed by the enter key:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
The option #3 will install the old version or the latest version depending on what repositories you have enabled. The latest version it is not on extras yet so you can only install it if you have extras-testing or extras-devel enabled during the the process.

After you get libqtm-contacts installed using any of the 3 options you should be able to download and install the latest deb file as described by eitama earlier on this thread (even if you have disabled the extras-testing and extras-devel).

Hope this helps.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Let's try step by step:

Option #1: use application manager (extras version)
Just start application manager, hit the update button, select "download" and find mycontacts. It is by far the easiest way and it will install all the missing dependencies (libqtm-contacts). The one downside is that it will install an old version but should be your first attempt anyway.

Option #2: use application manager but install the latest version
You will need to enable extras-testing or extras-devel on the application manager and follow the same steps of option #1.

Option #3: apt-get
1. using the application manager install "rootsh"
2. start the x-terminal (you will find an icon for it on the applications menu)
3. type each one of the lines on the code section bellow followed by the enter key:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
The option #3 will install the old version or the latest version depending on what repositories you have enabled. The latest version it is not on extras yet so you can only install it if you have extras-testing or extras-devel enabled during the the process.

After you get libqtm-contacts installed using any of the 3 options you should be able to download and install the latest deb file as described by eitama earlier on this thread (even if you have disabled the extras-testing and extras-devel).

Hope this helps.

OK thanks. I ran the 3rd option. First 2 commands were executed successfully, but when I rain the 3rd command
1) Reading package list is successful
2) reading state information is successful

but in the end it says, "Could;nt find package my contacts"

I ran the first option also, but mycontacts is not there in the list of App Managers yet

OK thanks. I ran the 3rd option. First 2 commands were executed successfully, but when I rain the 3rd command
1) Reading package list is successful
2) reading state information is successful

but in the end it says, "Could;nt find package my contacts"

I ran the first option also, but mycontacts is not there in the list of App Managers yet
The "mycontacts" package is now on all 3 extras repositories (extras, extras-testing, extras-devel) - unless your application manager is just not getting updates you should find one if you have any of the 3 enabled.

Please repeat the process but replace the last line with:
Code:
apt-get install libqtm-contacts
If it works you should be able to install mycontacts using the deb package you downloaded by double clicking on it on the file manager. If it fails we will know for sure that there is a problem with your "repositories" settings/application manager.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The "mycontacts" package is now on all 3 extras repositories (extras, extras-testing, extras-devel) - unless your application manager is just not getting updates you should find one if you have any of the 3 enabled.

Please repeat the process but replace the last line with:
Code:
apt-get install libqtm-contacts
If it works you should be able to install mycontacts using the deb package you downloaded by double clicking on it on the file manager. If it fails we will know for sure that there is a problem with your "repositories" settings/application manager.

Thanks once again, this time when i ran this command it asked, "Install package without verification", I clicked on yes and then in the end it displayed this error message "unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with fixing"

Thanks once again, this time when i ran this command it asked, "Install package without verification", I clicked on yes and then in the end it displayed this error message "unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with fixing"
Can you post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list ?

Mine looks like this:
Code:
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/ ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/002 ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/ ./
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle-1.2 free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/ fremantle free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/ fremantle free non-free
I assume (hope) we will spot something odd with yours.

Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Can you post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list ?

Mine looks like this:
Code:
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/ ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/002 ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/ ./
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle-1.2 free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/ fremantle free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/ fremantle free non-free
I assume (hope) we will spot something odd with yours.

Felipe
How can I find the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

How can I find that?
start the x-terminal and type:
Code:
cp /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list \
/home/user/MyDocs/ham.txt
and then you will be able to find the file (ham.txt) using the "file manager" and open it (it will be on the top most folder: Nokia N900).

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cornwall
Hi, I have tried following the steps above but when I do the revised third step nothing happens, should a download launch or is the file automatically saved ?

Rob

Originally Posted by rob_27685 View Post
Hi, I have tried following the steps above but when I do the revised third step nothing happens, should a download launch or is the file automatically saved ?

Rob
Rob,
Third step of which process? If it is "apt-get install libqtm-contacts mycontacts" and you don't get any error messages you should now have a new applicaiton on the application menu called mycontacts.
Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: