Notices

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
Hi

http://ecoachmeego.blogspot.com/

Some info about Qt eCoach

I am no longer actively maintaining or developing eCoach for N900... now concentrate on Harmattan only.
I'm still deciding if I'll buy the N9. This news is certainly a reason for it. eCoach is one of my favorite apps on the n900.

Hi

http://ecoachmeego.blogspot.com/

Some info about Qt eCoach

I am no longer actively maintaining or developing eCoach for N900... I now concentrate on Harmattan only.
Hi,

since I still have a N900 I'm very interested in having the QT eCoach version running on Fremantle.
I would offer myself as packager/maintainer for the Fremantle plattform. Will you release eCoach's source or is it already?

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
I am no longer actively maintaining or developing eCoach for N900... I now concentrate on Harmattan only.
Good news, everyone! @professor Farnsworth

This is a sad day indeed. The day I've learned that eCoach on N900 will not evolve. Please reconsider. Or maybe we can haz another maintainer for N900? I would do it, but I'm barely scratching python programming and far from maintaining serious projects like this.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Hi

I can try to support new eCoach on Fremantle after i get it "ready" for Harmattan. It is doable if there will be working Qt-components (at least for the most of the parts compatible with Harmattan qt-components) because new eCoach UI is heavily based on that. Also settings applet needs then to be implemented for Fremantle.

The UI needs to be changed to have zoom buttons in the UI and close/switcher button as the modern mobile UX:s dont need those anymore And then ofc the graphics needs to be scaled down to N900 resolution. At least these are the things that came to my mind.

Ah and also I am not yet sure about the source code licencing of the new eCoach.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ campinas, brazil
Hi

Ah and also I am not yet sure about the source code licencing of the new eCoach.
Is it time to start thinking on a fork of the old ecoach for n900?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Strasbourg, France
It is doable if there will be working Qt-components (at least for the most of the parts compatible with Harmattan qt-components) because new eCoach UI is heavily based on that.
Qt has been pushed in the PR1.3 updates if memory serves me well. Is this version recent enough?

The UI needs to be changed to have zoom buttons in the UI
I'm not sure it's mandatory. Some apps use the +/- volume button for that.

Originally Posted by afranke View Post
Qt has been pushed in the PR1.3 updates if memory serves me well. Is this version recent enough?

I'm not sure it's mandatory. Some apps use the +/- volume button for that.
Yes Qt itself is new enought, it has QML, but the question is about the qt-components which is the widget set for QML.

Grabbing volumekeys is not good idea on eCoach because many people want to listen to music during their activities and they want to be able to change the volume also

Yes Qt itself is new enought, it has QML, but the question is about the qt-components which is the widget set for QML.
There is a port for maemo:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ick-components
and the packages are in extras-devel:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/qt-components/

So this is enough, write?
If I can help with the UI let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
I tried to run eCocah qt on maemo5 sdk just now but there seems to be some issues with some qt-components that prevents it working. I let qt-components maintainer to know about the issues.

I can understand this, but then it is not possible to contribute at the moment.

I would like to help introducing a plugin mechanism for
  • upload portals
  • heart rate belts
with QT it should be fairly simple.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post: