Active Topics

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I bought mine yesterday from Gigantti in Finland. Because of malfunctioning microphone I returned it today and got a refund. They didn't have any N900s in stock nor did they now when to expect new ones.

It really surprises me that Nokia ships a phone like this with a defective microphone/software or whatever it is that caused it.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Bought my phone yesterday also. Sh*t out of luck. no microphone. I'll return it first thing monday.

My mic broke yesterday. After an extensive web search, I decided to reflash the phone. Mic is working again :-) So my problem was not hardware related - There are obviously different reasons for the mic problem around the world (my was bought in Austria).

The Following User Says Thank You to petibub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
So is there a difference between flashing using nsu and the flasher util? what did you use petibub? tia

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I tried flashing using Nokia software updater but it did not work. Did you use NSU too?

edit:
Tried the flashing tool too (flasher-3.5), but it didn't make any difference.

Last edited by jerra; 2009-12-05 at 10:13.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
heres something that may interest anyone looking into this;

my phone arrived and mic was working, first thing i checked!

two days later (this morning) i had it plugged in to charge, i then made a call. very quickly it became clear that the person i called couldnt hear me. i feared my mic had broken!
i opened up the video to see if it could still capture sound.... result = no sound. i removed the charger, but still no sound. i did a simple reboot, and thankfully my mic was working again.

to test i again plugged in to the mains and made a call..... result = mic not working! again fixed with a reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to DannStarr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Now that you mention it, I didn't realize my device's mic had stopped working until I received a call, and I too was plugged into a charger at the time. Maybe that is the link to the issue. A reflash got everything back working, so maybe it was a problem with the audio drivers or something. I was using testing apps, so...

OK guys ... My phone should be arriving soon hopefully, so I guess you already know the question I'm gonna ask now

When should I charge the phone for the first time ? and how (through wall or PC USB connection) ?

Should I first turn on the phone as it is and then test if the mic is working, and then charge it fully later on ? or do I first let it charge, and then turn it on and test the mic ?

Please help me out here guys ...

okay...just bought n900....mic doesnt work,and theres a problem with bluetooth headset,keeps going off,does work with headsets caller hears my voice but nothing without headsets.... everything else works well)nice going nokia (not connecting people)im going for a x6 (bought it from sonera store central finland)nothing wrong with battery life or else just the fukin mic

Everybody who has installed FM Radio (version 2009.11.15) from extras-testing, note that there is a bug which mutes microphone input after using FM Radio until device is rebooted.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6407

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio