Notices

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Why can't it be legal since you're not selling the products to make money. You're doing this for fun and personal use. You can put it here for download rather than at Ovi store. Just like all the emulators out there that allow you to play old classic console games. They're illegal to use but its illegality is up to the users, not the one who put them up.
shooting a guy isn't illegal too. come on, you merely pull the trigger....

common sense and (copyright) laws just don't splash.

and actually the guy who puts them up is quilty if he/she includes copyrighted stuff (khrm lyrics) with the emu....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Correct. Author hold rights over song AND lyrics and can sue over distribution of said content, whatever it might be.

Providing access to a service, however, is another matter.

Wonder if the software I wrote to Peter about is willing to support Instinctiv? Interfacing is real easy, it's the ARM Debian version I don't think we'll see.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
shooting a guy isn't illegal too. come on, you merely pull the trigger....

common sense and (copyright) laws just don't splash.

and actually the guy who puts them up is quilty if he/she includes copyrighted stuff (khrm lyrics) with the emu....
Actually, shooting someone is OKAY as long as you don't hurt them. The same go with providing copyright product for downloading....as LONG AS YOU DON'T HURT THEM...which in this case you don't!! You're not making money off of it and you're not causing them to lose money because they're NOT selling the product...and in fact, THEY EVEN MAKE IT FREE!!

I agree with all of you. Copyright (especially in the US) is badly broken. That doesn't change the fact that people with bigger budgets than ours have made it their mission to sue people (many with smaller budgets than ours). We're all about copyleft but we also don't want to be sued . Give us some time and we'll figure something out that is either pretty useful (and free) or very useful (but paid).

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
I promise smoother scrolling, less cpu usage and lag . Choice of album art may be off boarded to the desktop player but we have made a final decision yet.
Thats what I like to hear!! Can't wait for the update

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
Just so you guys know we're not slacking off here's a beta version -- it's still buggy and the new Identify feature is still under construction and we've solved only 50% of the laggy scroll problem, but we'll have the full fix shortly. In the mean, here's what we've got so far:

http://instinctiv.com/n900/073010.deb

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Thanks for the update, here's some annoying bugs i noticed:

-It uses nearly 100% cpu all the time, which causes stuttering in the audio playback.
-It always crashes when i minimize it to the background.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Update works fine here, cpu usage for instinctiv around 15-20%, and Identify works great.

I would like the following features if possible:
1) Free choice of landscape or portrait mode
2) Search songs/albums/artists by typing on keyboard, as in the contactlist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900-dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
I would like the following features if possible:
1) Free choice of landscape or portrait mode
2) Search songs/albums/artists by typing on keyboard, as in the contactlist.
My cpu is running a little high but it is a great update in the mean time. Scrolling is usable too. I agree about the features mentioned above. I dont need those right away tho because the progress is good so far

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
had a quick try, definite improvement, smoother scrolling, art loads quicker, less lag. good all round really. couple of things i noticed (dont know if they're new or not though i'm hardly using scientific protocol to test!)

music doesn't work on silent profile
on general profile if a text is reveived music cuts out and doesn't restart itself.
some previously found artwork has disappeared
one album now has coverart of *this picture has been moved or deleted* (sure this cant be helped due to the nature of the art retrieval, but perhaps a case for a "search again" option)

thanks again all at instinctiv for your hard work.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post: