Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by kimtuomi View Post
@gizmo

So you have the files in /tmp/lure/ ? Or straight in the /tmp/ ?
Make sure there is no other subdirectories under those. For example, if you extract the "lure-1.1.zip" available from ScummVM downloads, you would end up with directory structure of "/lure-1.1/lure/".
You need to browse into the directory where the data files actually are; so that you see the *.vga/*.ega files in ScummVM when adding the game.
hey dude thx for the reply. i downloaded lure again fron scummvm. i unzipped the file, opened lure 1.1 copied the lure file out of it and placed it in the tmp folder on my n900. still says could not find file in specified directory. was there anything else i needed to download with the scummvm app or anythin?

@kimtuomi. what it was is i wasnt double clickin on the tmp file on the scummvm menu to go into it i was pressin choose straight up so thats why it couldnt find the file..cant believe that ive been tryin to figure out what i was doin wrong for days.lol...thanks anyway man

anyone know if grim fandango can be played on scummvm?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ South Wales, UK
Grim Fandango did not use the SCUMM engine, it was a 3D engine of some sort, so I doubt ScummVM will support it.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Mainz, Germany
There has been some development on a N900 engine for Grim Fandango, but there haven't been updates for some time in:

this thread about Residual Games

Also it looks very slow in the videos.

@gizmo:

I was pretty sure you're doing something wrong. There's not very much that can go wrong when adding games to Scumm, if you have all the necessary game-data files and they are correct ones.

Originally Posted by angelbratz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but i already tried that method...

It will say Invalid file version...

I have played the FT on the scummvm @ pc and i managed to finish it...

But on my N900 it keeps on crashing at that part...wonder if anyone got the solution for it or the save file that past that level...
I was able to play through it and complete the game. I had issues in two other places:
- Cut scene after picking up ramp (exited scumm; avoidable)
- Cut scene after minefield (exited scumm; played correctly when attempted again)

Have you tried recopying the data files from your CD? If you still want it, I have a few saved games towards the end. I know I have one at the start of the speeding truck part. Not sure I have one from right after your problem scene, but I can probably create one if you really want it.

I get the following bug in Full Throttle:

After meeting Torque in Mine road, I'm stuck in a loop, always taking the first exit to the highway, then back to Mine Road, and so on without any input from me. Makes it impossible to progress.

Same data files work fine with ScummVM on Windows.

That's strange--that didn't happen to me. Do you have any extra control methods setup other than the normal touch screen (such as accelemymote) that could possibly be active?

Originally Posted by jschan View Post
That's strange--that didn't happen to me. Do you have any extra control methods setup other than the normal touch screen (such as accelemymote) that could possibly be active?
Nope, nothing of that sort.