Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
In the interest of accuracy, while Flash 10.1 has been much anticipated, Nokia has not promised it even once. So, they may be faulted for not delivering that hotly desired update, but they cannot be faulted for promising it and failing to deliver.
It shouldn't be a 600 euro device or indeed an internet tablet if it can't cope up with core updates in its first year of release. It is almost implied and expected from a multibillion pound corporation sponsoring it. Milestone supports 10.1 on the same architecture.

It should probably be called "device that does various curious things see maemo.org for details"...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Unlike iSheeps and what people at Nokia seems to think, I am not faithful to a brand.

I buy whatever is best for me at the time AND gives me some kind of security in terms of support.

I LOVE my N900 but everyday I lean more and more towards Android, and Nokia seems to be pushing my decision instead of trying to pulling me back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
It shouldn't be a 600 euro device or indeed an internet tablet if it can't cope up with core updates in its first year of release. It is almost implied and expected from a multibillion pound corporation sponsoring it. Milestone supports 10.1 on the same architecture.

It should probably be called "device that does various curious things see maemo.org for details"...
Nokia never promised that you'd ever get any updates on your "computer in your pocket". All above that has been speculation.

Which... I have to state personally I find very odd. I tend to be able to update my computers.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nokia never promised that you'd ever get any updates on your "computer in your pocket". All above that has been speculation.

Which... I have to state personally I find very odd. I tend to be able to update my computers.
At this point we are grateful for anything they do, which doesn't seem to be very much. I guess old habits die hard or start as you mean to go on come to mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

So.. because of this oddness N900 doesn't match to computer definition really.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Today I just felt like get me an iPhone. A fellow musician has one and he bought the iRig for it. He drooled over it and riffed away while I...well, was on tmo. And the allstring tunerapp from tc electronics seemed really nice aswell.
Man I wish that stuff was availaible for the N900.
My main issue to not buy the iPhone was that I had to use iTunes.
Don't want to sync all the time. Just drag and drop,is what I like.

I love my little precious, it opened up my eyes to the future in mobile technology. I'll probably use it 'til it dies. But I'm thinking of getting me an extra gadget on the side as a little playmate

I hope the Qt thingy can bring us some nice stuff to the N900.
Hopefully soon..
But, I still love it and play with it all the time

Joråsåatt

Last edited by datjomp; 2010-08-03 at 00:38. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
My main issue to not buy the iPhone was that I had to use iTunes.
Don't want to sync all the time. Just drag and drop,is what I like.
When you get time look at sharepod to delete/add music or videos.
Look at iphone explorer to drag and drop other files.
This is of course for non JB phones. It is much easier with JB.

I only use itunes to activate and restore (i.e never).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Huh ? What ? MeeGo has an upstream-first policy, implying that it does not want to maintain versions of it's own - it wants to contribute everything to the source projects - you just can't get more beneficial to the community (naturally, with the presumption that upstream-first is not just lip-service).

Sorry, but this is just rubbish. It is not OEM in the sense that the Intel drivers ARE there. If Nokia or anybody else decided to make an Intel based platform, there would be no evil blobs to be included, that would be your base. And as for nazis... let me put on the danramos hat - after the 770, N800 and N810 (and N900), there is just no way you can say binary blob drivers are okay. No. Sorry. You just can't. If someone gets to be called a nazi because he doesn't want to get stuck with one OS version because of the kernel and driver version/config, something is very, very wrong.
As long as everyone stick to Intel HW and want to install the "default" MeeGo, no problem. If Intel manages to force others to open their source, this is very good, but I'm not convinced that this would be the result, it can go either way. Lets say ASUS, HP, Acer, MSI, Dell, Samsung and all the large ones decide to deliver netbooks with MeeGo preinstalled. Then the "openness" of any of the drivers is a no.issue. Surely an all Intel config will work as is, but other configs may be cheaper (and better).

just wait and see... with the current condition, nokia has no edge, at least in my perception. if the next device really delivers, and it has something i'd die for, then definitely i'm sold. i own n900 and happy with it. it still delivers what i need, however the guy 'next door' like the iphone or android seems to do just the same or even better (to me).

I have always found Nokia to be way more reliable than most phones, esepcially the old ones...those things were bricks! You could smash them up, drop them in water and put them back together and they´d stil work. These days its obvious the quality is going down...especially considering the technology which is available with iphones, but they´re hanging in there with blackberrys arent they?

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!