Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by viic View Post
hey guys i have submitted an application just now, it is a .deb file for maemo...so i have to compile it for meego or .deb for maemo is ok?

PS how can insert my apps in the wiki?
maemo is okay..

Ive just had a quick look at the wiki and notice that we've broken the €500 barrier for donations! Great job everyone!

Can i suggest to the organisers that if we're taking the decision to extend, then let's make that decision ASAP. That way both participants and donators know exactly where things stand

Also could I suggest that the news is given out to the various blogs, Maemo Weekly News, through the various twitter accounts/etc? It's all good publicity - "Maemo/MeeGo development competition deadline extended by popular demand!" Also, imo, we should draw attention to our collection efforts, be proud we've raised $500 so far and let people know where they can add their donation too

Final thought - could we add a MeeGon or two to the competition submission site page? The page has improved a lot since the beginning but it's one thing that's still missing, and it's such a distinctive part of MeeGo branding too. IMO it would help the site look much better. Also, it'd add more bright colour too The rest of the meetmeego site has a colourful banner with lots of MeeGons, but the competition entry page has a different banner of a dark city skyscape.. seems odd..

Edit: part of the meetmeego banner im talking about, missing the web page background colour so it's a little hard to see.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-06-13 at 12:05.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
maemo is okay..
thank's can you say me how insert the application in the table in wiki? can i edit it directly or is an operation for the organizator only?

thank's can you say me how insert the application in the table in wiki? can i edit it directly or is an operation for the organizator only?
im sure you can go ahead and edit it directly, obviously take care not to amend anyone else's entry

if you're not sure how or would prefer someone else to do it on your behalf then leave your details in a post here, I'll add it in the wiki for you (if no-one else does it first).

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
thanks is much better that i don't try for avoid some disaster:
http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=53162
vspeed
games
90%
Y
Yes

The competition.meetmeego.org is offline so i cannot find the link...

thanks is much better that i don't try for avoid some disaster:
http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=53162
vspeed
games
90%
Y
Yes

The competition.meetmeego.org is offline so i cannot find the link...
Added, pls check everything's ok

http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...1#Participants

thank's it is all ok

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Can i suggest to the organisers that if we're taking the decision to extend, then let's make that decision ASAP. That way both participants and donators know exactly where things stand
As 100% were in favor of an extension, I'd say we extent the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Also could I suggest that the news is given out to the various blogs, Maemo Weekly News, through the various twitter accounts/etc? It's all good publicity - "Maemo/MeeGo development competition deadline extended by popular demand!" Also, imo, we should draw attention to our collection efforts, be proud we've raised $500 so far and let people know where they can add their donation too
Yes, that would be awesome. atm I'm pretty short of time as I'm starting my own company (and no the money from the donations have nothing to do with it) but I'll see what we can do.

Final thought - could we add a MeeGon or two to the competition submission site page? The page has improved a lot since the beginning but it's one thing that's still missing, and it's such a distinctive part of MeeGo branding too. IMO it would help the site look much better. Also, it'd add more bright colour too The rest of the meetmeego site has a colourful banner with lots of MeeGons, but the competition entry page has a different banner of a dark city skyscape.. seems odd..

Edit: part of the meetmeego banner im talking about, missing the web page background colour so it's a little hard to see.
See previous post
The dark city skyline originally was just a placeholder.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Cool, I was waiting (hoping) for you to extend it, so now I've donated some more. I hope we get a few more entries!

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
edit: (not so) double post (but ftw!! anyways) (yes I admit, I'm just after the thanks...)
the submission site is back online, just a restart was needed. strange...
http://competition.meetmeego.org/
please remember that only apps submitted to this site take part in the competition. the wiki is just for informational purposes.

donation update:
30€ by Creamy Goodness

Creamy Goodness ftw!!

edit 2: I see the competition as community project. that means you're free to promote it, share the paypal donation button, and make a new shiny logo for the header at the submission site..

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-06-14 at 07:14.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia