Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I don't know, but as a biologist I sure hope that they would leave the word alone. I actually have a proper use for the word. Now It has been raped almost as badly as the word "innovation".

EDIT: Currently working with microbial diversity in agroecosystems.
AGGRO SYSTEM!!!!
I'M RAGING SO HARD!!!!1!!!i!!

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I am ignoring Nokia Maps on the N900 as that doesn't represent what is available on a Symbian OS device, on these devices it seems the mapping software to beat. Google maps as in the past needed an internet connection and that's Ok in a built up area, with a good data plan, but as soon as you losse your interent connection you are, literally, lost. 5.7 may resolve that issue but we were discussing Bing not Google maps anyway?

I have not tried it myself but I have not heard anybody saying it is better than Maps hence I assume why M$ want it on their devices anyway.

Edit

Can Bing/google maps do all this?

http://dailymobile.se/2011/07/08/nok...3-08-released/
Most of it, yes... and more: http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
you seem to have a hard time keeping things apart.
m$ may be dominant in the PC market.
in the mobile phone market... >/nul
granted, you are not the only one making this mistake

in the mobile phone market, even though NOKIA's position is weakened, they are still dwarfing m$ by a long shot.
Additionally, let us not forget that Microsoft has been trying, and trying repeatedly for years (more a decade) to try, and fail, to beat the leading brand of mobile device--even when Palm was the leading device and sales floundered, Windows Mobile devices didn't really take off. Nobody wanted it even when they had the best opportunity to take over. Apple quickly came in and took that away. Nokia is siding itself with a proven historic loser in the mobile space. I won't EVEN start explaining how well Zune did compared to iPod, Sansa or anyone else in the portable music devices. Microsoft has a history showing that they can't really make a "cool" or catchy device people want.

just because they changed the name from mobile to portable doesn't make it a new product; it is still the same old buggy software that hasn't been able to gain any significant market share in over 10 years. during those 10 years, NOKIA single handedly created the smart phone & had a de facto monopoly 'til the competition got around to it too. but not m$, nope.
Actually, Windows Mobile 7 appears to be based on all-new code. Yeah, I made the same mistake for a while too, thinking it's based on all the same trash code they've been regurgitating for years. You may be thinking of Project Photon. Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...Windows_Mobile. It hardly matters, though, as I'm pretty certain it'll be the iPod vs Zune all over again (as it's already playing out in the Windows Phone 7 market already)--nobody wants what Microsoft is peddling and it fails to impress consumers. Nokia hardware hasn't impressed most people either. They've both already soiled their brands so much that even if they DID make something good, it's not likely to be wanted because they spent so much time and effort ruining their reputations in the past--made worse because Windows Phone 7 still isn't very good at all and Nokia doesn't listen or take care of their customers.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Just got my nokia E6.....and I am very unhappy. I tried to connect with the same settings I have on my iPhone to my work email. I get an error. Can't connect. What a piss off. That is Symboan in a nutshell and why Americans will not use it. Too many unforced errors as they say in tennis.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
[...]
nobody wants what Microsoft is peddling and it fails to impress consumers. Nokia hardware hasn't impressed most people either. They've both already soiled their brands so much that even if they DID make something good, it's not likely to be wanted because they spent so much time and effort ruining their reputations in the past--made worse because Windows Phone 7 still isn't very good at all and Nokia doesn't listen or take care of their customers.
[...]
the N9's reception seem to tell another story...

[...]
Actually, Windows Mobile 7 appears to be based on all-new code.
[...]
okay
the same old crappy philosophy, then

[...]

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
maybe he wasn't even able to turn it on in the 1st place?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-07-09 at 16:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
another troll added to the ignore list ¦-)

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I have had my E6 for a couple of weeks, and I love the little thing. Can't connect? I am sure you are doing something strange, in an american way maybe. Have you used the e-mail configurator?
I did use the configurator and otherwise love the device. The error that I get: Mandatory Service policy failed. Someone else reported this problem to nokia message boards. I have no patience for sh*t like this

I did use the configurator and otherwise love the device. The error that I get: Mandatory Service policy failed. Someone else reported this problem to nokia message boards. I have no patience for sh*t like this
but you have been living for how many years with blue screens of death and other intrinsic instabilities "built into" LostDOS?

or with the fact that if there is (was, now, for more recent versions, but a lot of ppl still use XP out there, the majority, in fact, i believe...) no way you can keep a m$ machine clean of malware even 1 hr, if it is connected to the internet.
or even go online w/ HIHAAAAAAAN?!?
either the security is turned so tight, you can't even open a file on your PC, or any hacker even on the south pole can access your PC

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
ook oook oook oooooook ¦-)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
but you have been living for how many years with blue screens of death and other intrinsic instabilities "built into" LostDOS?

or with the fact that if there is (was, now, for more recent versions, but a lot of ppl still use XP out there, the majority, in fact, i believe...) no way you can keep a m$ machine clean of malware even 1 hr, if it is connected to the internet.
or even go online w/ HIHAAAAAAAN?!?
either the security is turned so tight, you can't even open a file on your PC, or any hacker even on the south pole can access your PC
? U miss the point here. A corporate phone should have no issues with email installation. And other people reported similar problem. Pre-ELOP nokia can't get simple email right!

? U miss the point here. A corporate phone should have no issues with email installation. And other people reported similar problem. Pre-ELOP nokia can't get simple email right!
And at least I know it will work on WP7!!!!
that's what pretty much everybody agrees about;
wp will connect nicely to an exchange server, just like a LostDOS pc connects nicely to an exchange server.
unfortunately for microkia, everybody else can do that too, because even though m$ is not forthcoming with the parameters, anyone with a working PC connection can check them out...

maybe your failure says more about your inability then about the E6's.
again, your failure...

again, your failure...
NOKIA failure. They suck at writing software and need WP to save them

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
NOKIA failure. They suck at writing software and need WP to save them
Again, I still don't understand why you dont get an Windows phone right now.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
balmer was here, e6 rox, elop rox, elop snopp, elop's fool, the elop flop