Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
What is the output of

Code:
lspci -k
Thank you!
Sorry, "lspci: command not found".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
OTOH, it also says that a list of supported countries and carriers will be published later. So signing up for an LTE data plan assuming the jolla phone would support LTE in country A with carrier X was risky.
Except that all European carriers use the same freuquecies and bands as approved by the Comission of the European Union.. All finnish carriers support the standard european LTE modes and it would illegal for them to build any other kind of networks.

It was only risky assuming that Jolla opted to support Antarctica instead of Europe amongst those six continents. Silly me assuming that they would support European LTE, beign European corporation that at the moment only sells its products in Europe.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by att View Post
Sorry, "lspci: command not found".
You need to install pciutils and modutils usbutils !

And then please run:

Code:
lspci -k
lsmod 
lsub
Edit: Why those packages are not included by default in the "development mode", they are very basic diagnostic tools?
Edit2: usbutils
Barnabas Collins

Last edited by kollin; 2013-11-28 at 16:43.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Maybe take the LTE discussion to a new thread

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Haha is the 4 icon bar on the multitasking view editable? Btw it's kinda inconvenient that it disappears when you check out your other apps

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Haha is the 4 icon bar on the multitasking view editable? Btw it's kinda inconvenient that it disappears when you check out your other apps
According to the guide, it's the first row in the launcher and that's how you customise it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I don't work for Jolla or anything, but I disagree that this is pure dishonesty.
I actually get what tissot is saying as well as what you're saying.

I wouldn't use the word dishonesty though. And people purchased this phone with more knowledge about it than the sorta surprise iPhone in 2007. Apple never has truly given the amount of RAM or CPU speed for any of their devices - just awesome sounding terms like 4 times faster and "magical".

I think that the details are yet to be fully flushed out for all users. Which... well, this is an initial product. I remember when we were so doubtful that the N9 would even work in the US with English due to how it was never sold here officially. But it did.

If not dishonest, then what you say? I'd rather think of it as unconfirmed. And this thread has been all about confirmed stuff, no? Let's stick to that please. Just for now at least.

Jolla, if you're reading this, feel free to send me one. I'll test it in the US for you. And in the Caribbean too.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
According to the guide, it's the first row in the launcher and that's how you customise it.
Yes I can confirm. Much like moving stuff around on the n9 screen, but the top row is also the launcher bar equivalent and you can put any four functions/apps there.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Another review (in not-so-good Spanish): http://www.muylinux.com/2013/11/28/jolla-sailfish-os

Doesn't say anything to write home about, except that the conclusion is a bit negative:
Así, por muy excitante que pueda resultar Jolla para algunos, para otros mucho solo será un un smartphone de gama media con un sistema operativo “extraño” que, según los baremos actuales, es bastante caro para lo componentes que monta.
which roughly translates to:
As exciting as [The] Jolla may be for some; for most, it will be just another mid range smartphone with a "strange" OS that, as per current standards, is quite expensive for what it provides (TN: the text says "components", but I don't think that's the correct term)
It does go on saying that Jolla hit the first milestone and with some luck it will hit its next. Time will tell :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Originally Posted by ebasconp View Post
Do you have some software mechanism to make apps to quit gracefully (similar to the iOS mechanism of documents being saved automatically and app can be quitted anytime?) ?
3) Nothing "built in" to make this easy at this point
Er, what? Do I interpret that to mean closing an app sends an untrappable SIGKILL instead of a SIGTERM?

I'm curious about the Android layer. How much memory is used/wasted on the Android sandbox (Dalvik, etc.)? Is it loaded and unloaded when Android apps are opened and closed or is it preloaded at boot time?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience