Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey ive updated the ssu. please tell me how i can set it back to landscape mode. i did lock it to landscape but then the phone menu and dialling pad are also in landscape. when i call it shows in landscape. please help me. is there any way to make it back to normal? that everything is in portrait except the phone like it used to be in the official firmware.
thanks
I think you mean everything is in landscape except the phone and browser with the official firmware.

1. Download the CSSU transitions tuner. It'll be self-explanatory from there.

2. if you're an x-term friendly guy, just go to x-term and type as root:

leafpad /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini and look through the options. there's one stating the forcerotation = 1. just change it to 0. IF you find this to be something very NEW, use the CSSU transitions tuner. There's a very user-friendly UI that anyone would get
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
I think you mean everything is in landscape except the phone and browser with the official firmware.

leafpad /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini and look through the options. there's one stating the forcerotation = 1. just change it to 0. IF you find this to be something very NEW, use the CSSU transitions tuner. There's a very user-friendly UI that anyone would get
hey i cant find cssu transitions tuner anywhere. i installed 2 apps. cssu tuner which shows in settings. and cssu features. both of these do not have such option. they only have options like rotation from x to y and force rotation etc. i cant find cssutransions tuner anywhere. i went to xterminal to get it and it said phone has the updated cssutransionstuner. but i cant see it. i only get cssu tuner in my settings which doesnt have any such option.
thank you

erm...

I think I'm MORE interested with whatever the CSSU has to offer rather than anything from nokia.

The only thing probably would be them announcing that every other closed-source component in the phone will be opened thus allowing the devs in CSSU to be EVEN MORE creative
I hope the CSSU will one day make a perfect N900.

So, is there a chance to reinstall my clock and bring back custom alarm tones?
I don't know what I've done to make this problem.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK

That just disables the forced rotation - the app menu and setting app (and possibly others) will still auto-rotate. To prevent this, do:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That just disables the forced rotation - the app menu and setting app (and possibly others) will still auto-rotate. To prevent this, do:
Code:
hey by this will my phone be normal? like everything in landscape mode and only phone and dialling pad in portrait cause thats what i want.
thanks

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Code:
hey thank you soooo much it worked

hey when i type text in conversation and i wanna delete the whole sentence, i used to select it from right to left. the text in the box in which i was typing and then to delete it all together.i can select that way. in the box in which im typing i cannot select from right to left
Hold Shift as you select from left to right or right to left

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
hey thank you soooo much it worked
"Thanks" button. USE IT!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this next update's gonna be huge! (again )

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
it is a dream :P
It's a nightmare. The host of things an update would break now would make it more of a tease than anything else.

No more kernel, no more CSSU, many long-dead apps not being updated ... *shivers*

Unless they open Phone. They're never going to open Phone, so, that's it. I don't want 1.4. Is that normal?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade