Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
Yeah it's conceived to stay open to receive IMs, but why should I not have control over it? On a Linux platform, moreover, where user-control is prevalent over OS control.
And yeah if it's a plugin there will be no such problem.
Of course I'm not advocating having no way to exit the app as sometimes you just want to be offline but having to exit it to save battery life defeats the purpose of an IM app.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
use push notice use better, same as ebuddy. Keep to login account online mode, the battery will used up in few hours..
worying about battery life is another matter you can either not get this app or anything that drains your power and just use the phone as a phone or you can benefit from as it is created to be a smart phone and not worry about battery life.
As for being able to be offline you can always activate flight mode or turn off wifi or data package.
Not being rude at all but this is how its supposed to be.
I also have a nokia E7 and have installed a task manager can kill any unliked app i don't want running, you can always have this option also.(not that i know about any task manager for my n9)

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
I also have a nokia E7 and have installed a task manager can kill any unliked app i don't want running, you can always have this option also.(not that i know about any task manager for my n9)
New in Linux? Read this

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
?? if its a plugin u just go offline, no battery use
It sounds like he plans to make it an app. I don't mind a plugin that I can go offline with, but I want the ability to go offline and the connection to be disconnected.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Personally, it doesn't matter if it's an app or plugin, once it becomes available I'll be happy.

Have to applaud the devs on the work, keep doing what you do best. have the utmost respect for you guys, and just waiting patiently

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
On the wazzap.im website:

When is this coming?
Everytime you ask, it gets delayed a week

Oh shi..

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I wonder what would happen if we all sent the Whatsapp team Daily Emails, all of us, send them about 10 emails each requesting the same thing, everyday for about 2 months, flood their servers... Maybe this would eventually get their attention and maybe we wouldn't have to do this App the hard way . Just a thought, this is better than the Pettition method.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
02/04/2012 - 10:47 PM GMT +2
Currently active users watching this thread: 53
[...] qgil [...]
c'mon qgil, do something, you have some big "friends" at Nokia!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
2 years waiting for whatsapp in N900, finally!

The Following User Says Thank You to PartyboyXP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
2 years waiting for whatsapp in N900, finally!
totally not worth it
lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Weirdfisher For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls