...please don't forget the N900's users.... Like me...

Support this great project is simply a pleasure ...because... it's fantastic!
I wish you will continue fixing and implementing new features to make this app a reference tool to be envied by users of other platforms!

For the next bugfix release, i would suggest you to increase the delay time of the messages on the upper left part of the screen (often is a little difficult to read completely a message) and add a little symbol when offline mode is active or not.

In the meanwhile, i'm completing the tests with the imported oziexplorer maps to write down a few lines for who needs the same solution....

Last edited by xes; 2011-09-22 at 13:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by xes View Post
...please don't forget the N900's users.... Like me...

Support this great project is simply a pleasure ...because... it's fantastic!
I wish you will continue fixing and implementing new features to make this app a reference tool to be envied by users of other platforms!

For the next bugfix release, i would suggest you to increase the delay time of the messages on the upper left part of the screen (often is a little difficult to read completely a message) and add a little symbol when offline mode is active or not.

In the meanwhile, i'm completing the tests with the imported oziexplorer maps to write down a few lines for who needs the same solution....
I am not leaving N900. I plan to make all future releases simultaneously for N900 and N9(50).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
...thanks! I was i little scared...

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Bugfix version 0.5.7 uploaded to extras-devel. The changelog:
  • Fixed: crash for some search results when using Cloudmade
  • Fixed: distance to destination was not accurate
  • Fixed: popup misaligned/not showing when map is rotated
  • Fixed: markers lying on ground in 3D
  • Fixed: route flickered when used together with gps
  • Fixed: map was sometimes not shown due to arithmetic error saved in config file
  • Fixed: message display time on statusbar was too short

Note that popup is always displayed in landscape, even if the app is in portrait. Future releases will have very different popup (much more finger friendly).

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i dont know if this is N900 gps issue or what ,but i dont get most accurate gps position ,i always get around 10Km far from my actual location .
is this me only or some one else has the same issue ?

Just after startup, on the upper part of screen still appears "cloudgps 0.5.5".

The routing part now seems bug free... but i noticed some kind of delay/hang before it starts to download tiles.... i'm not sure, i have to make some check with tcpdump to be sure there is no connectivity issue.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Just to give you some encouragement, I'd really like to see your notes on how to do this. I tried to do it once before but had some problems I couldn't resolve (sorry, can't remember what they were).

The whole of the UK is available at 1:10K under the OS OpenData project, it would be really sweet to have some or all of that loaded on my N900 SD card and useable from CloudGPS. I know a little python, and a bit about map projections and datums, so I'm hopeful

Well, concerning the conversion from ozfx3 to cloudgps tile store, this is what i'm using and testing:

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/tilers-tool...ar.gz&can=2&q=
(from http://code.google.com/p/tilers-tools)

Extract the tar.gz and copy all the tools in the folder containing the maps.
(i'm using one linux Fedora machine with an i5 cpu and 4GB of ram)

We may suppose to have: MAPFILE.map and MAPFILE.ozfx3

Steps:
./ozf_decoder.py ./MAPFILE.map ### this will convert the ozfx3 into a tiff file and will create MAPFILE.tiff.map and MAPFILE.tiff
./convert2gdal.py ./MAPFILE.tiff.map ### this will create ./MAPFILE.tiff.vrt to be used in the next step
./gdal_tiler.py -r --zoom=9-15 ./MAPFILE.tiff.vrt ### this will create the tile store from zoom 9 to 15 with antialias (-r) and a gmaps.html that we may use to check the map aligment over google maps.

PAY ATTENTION:
1 - you need a good pc with a lot of ram and a really fast hard disk.
2 - map files MUST have at least 3 georeferenced points (better 4... With 2 it gives an error before starting conversion)
3 - If you start from a TIF file, it MUST be an image with a palette of 256 colors without transparency.
4 - don't try to copy this HUGE tile stores into your n900 if your MyDocs partition is a FAT32 filesystem because the size of clusters is too big and you fill completely your internal storage.

After this... good luck and.... every suggestion is welcome!!

P.S.
At this moment i'm going crazy to create a unique tile store from more maps partially overlapping the others (so the external tiles are irregular and partially white... ARGGG#! ...and the merging of the map's stores overwrites the correct tiles...GRRR)

Last edited by xes; 2011-09-30 at 16:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Thanks for that, I spent a little time playing with this today, with some good results.

It appears your first step should read :-

./ozf_decoder.py ./mapfile.OZFX3

This runs without displaying any error. Unfortunately the tiff file it generates is blank. Since I generated my oxfz3 files from tiff in the first place, that doesn't cause me a problem at the moment.

The remaining steps seem to work for me now, I have generated a folder structure with viewable .png files inside.

Can you tell me what you expect to see using the gmaps.html file? I opened it in FF and in IE, I see the google map of the correct area, but I can't see any overlay, even if I adjust the transparency parameter. Not sure what I expect to see, but I guess I should see my tiles overlaid on the google background?

Now I need to read about and play with the settings in providers.ini to get it useable.

I appreciate why it's a bad idea to upload a huge map cluster onto a FAT32 partition. What is the best solution to this? Should I convert MyDocs to ext3, or create an ext3 partition on my SD card and link it, or is there some better solution. (I've not read around this yet, so sorry if It's a repeat question). My usual PC to connect to the N900 is windows based

Until now, i think that the best solution is to convert the MyDocs partition in ext3 to have smaller clusters and an otimized storage for small files onto a fast flash memory...

Last edited by xes; 2011-10-01 at 22:37.

Tags
best gps app