Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by n900d-i-y View Post
All those images need to goto another directory.
Open Filebox, Click once on the home icon, then the arrow icon once then scroll up to the folder .queen_beecon_dir and put the images in there. Let me know if the .queen_beeacon_dir was empty. Senisble_beecons should just have the scripts in there I think and there shouldn't be any images in Sensible_clock.
Let me know how you go.
.queeb_beecon had two file one was ywtemp.htm and another one. now sensible clock contains files: file ending with png3 -png22 and thumbs.db. and sensible beecon contains only yahooweather txet.is this right.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Australia
Sensible clock should only have the beecon files. Look at page 1 step 4, only the beecon files are there.
All images should be in that queen_beacon_dir that I mentioned.

Last edited by n900d-i-y; 2012-09-10 at 08:47.

Sensible clock should only have the beecon files. Look at page 1 step 4, only the beecon files are there.
All images should be in that queen_beacon_dir that I mentioned.
i could you pleasee list the names of the files that should be in sensible_clock and sensible_beecon. my files are all over the place. thanks

this is what i have in sensible beecon.
Attached Images

The files in the pictures are fine where they are.
The image files (everything with .png) should be in the
queen_beacon_dir that I mentioned. To find this folder ,open Filebox, Click once on the home icon, then the arrow icon once then scroll up to the folder .queen_beecon_dir and place the .png files in there.

The files in the pictures are fine where they are.
The image files (everything with .png) should be in the
queen_beacon_dir that I mentioned. To find this folder ,open Filebox, Click once on the home icon, then the arrow icon once then scroll up to the folder .queen_beecon_dir and place the .png files in there.
hi this is what i have got now. the clock works but it is slow at updateing and it stops sometimes and the dock doesnt work, docks buttons dont work.

and also how does the weather wiget work. i get same thing image not found. i mean the yahoo weather. thanks a lot.
Attached Images

Starting to look good. Goto the settings for the Flipclock dash widget, scroll down to interval and change it to 30 secs that should fix the update problem I think. The clock shouldn't stop working, make sure you did step 12-13 correctly because that makes the clock work. Dock is just an image only, you need other beecons to act as buttons on top of the dock image.

Goto page 29 of this thread, Zentenario has posted instructions on how to add the transparent dock beecons, on page 30 GaRy delaMEr has the beecons.zip file that you will need.

There is not much I can do about the yahoo weather widget as it doesn't work now for anyone. What I did was install OMWeather and with the options got something that looked close but not exact as you can see in the 2 pictures on page 33

Starting to look good. Goto the settings for the Flipclock dash widget, scroll down to interval and change it to 30 secs that should fix the update problem I think. The clock shouldn't stop working, make sure you did step 12-13 correctly because that makes the clock work. Dock is just an image only, you need other beecons to act as buttons on top of the dock image.

Goto page 29 of this thread, Zentenario has posted instructions on how to add the transparent dock beecons, on page 30 GaRy delaMEr has the beecons.zip file that you will need.

There is not much I can do about the yahoo weather widget as it doesn't work now for anyone. What I did was install OMWeather and with the options got something that looked close but not exact as you can see in the 2 pictures on page 33
hi the clock does update, but it doesnt run smooth it runs rough. i have checked the interval and it is already on 39 secs.

the dock yes i followed the instructions on that page before but i am stuck on step 4; .png /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir/

keeps saying not found. i have extracted the dock and beecons to mydocs.

as u can see in image it updates slower than the orignal clock. thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by 5waleed1; 2012-09-12 at 07:31.

Goto the Images folder under MyDocs, there is a folder called .queen_beecon_dir/ in there as well as the other .queen_beecon_dir/ I mentioned earlier, the images may be in there. If they are in there you should move them into the other .queen_beecon_dir/ using Filebox. You already have the dock image on, all you have todo is create the little beecons that sit on top of the dock, it's just like creating the other widgets and the files needed will be in the beecons folder under MyDocs. My experience is that the clock updates 20-30 secs behind and the clock doesn't flip as such it just changes. Also if you don't want the little clock on the status menu, you can download advanced clock plugin and you can disable it.

Last edited by n900d-i-y; 2012-09-12 at 08:58.

hi is there no way to make the clock flip and change at the right time. and how can i change the clock to 12hr instead of 24hrs. thanks

I don't think you can make it change at the exact time that's why I installed advanced clock plugin to disable the status menu clock.

Posted by palmmanpalm
It's in the command for sensible_dash, find cdt=`date '+%Y%m%d%w%H%M'`, then replace the H with an I.
That should change it to 12 hour clock.