Notices

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I have a folder called album with two subdirectory Disc1 and Disc2 each of which have songs with the same album name. I was expecting MediaBox will show me a single album in the Music shelf, instead it comes up with two albums with the same names. Mafw however shows up a single album with songs collated from both Disc1 and Disc2.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I have a folder called album with two subdirectory Disc1 and Disc2 each of which have songs with the same album name. I was expecting MediaBox will show me a single album in the Music shelf, instead it comes up with two albums with the same names. Mafw however shows up a single album with songs collated from both Disc1 and Disc2.
I think, it should be displayed as one album, but Mediabox should use the
id3-field for cd-number, called "TPOS", to list and play tracks in correct
order.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mase View Post
I think, it should be displayed as one album, but Mediabox should use the
id3-field for cd-number, called "TPOS", to list and play tracks in correct
order.
If it was as easy as this. The moment I do it that way, some people will complain that different folders need to be displayed as different albums.
And if I'd mix together tracks of two albums with the same name, what about having two different albums from different artists but which happen to have the same name.
And if I separate albums by artist, what will happen with sampler albums with lots of different artists?

If somebody got the perfect one-size-fits-all solution to this, I'd be very happy to implement it. But I doubt it as tagging is often a mess in the real world.
MediaBox currently uses a mix of tag information and file system information to try to get closest to what the user actually wants.

I think, same artist AND same album name should be handled as one.
But the CD number must be used.

What about compilations and samplers with various artists then?

Hello! When playing videos from youtube or local videos, mediaplayer continues playing next video nomather what you choose from options (shuffle,norepeat etc.) I have always 2 options selected in title bar. Not working!!!! Any help?

Originally Posted by copperviking View Post
Hello! When playing videos from youtube or local videos, mediaplayer continues playing next video nomather what you choose from options (shuffle,norepeat etc.) I have always 2 options selected in title bar. Not working!!!! Any help?
People wanted it like this to continue playing the next video. You're actually the first one to mention this as a problem.

The title bar buttons consist of two sections, so yes, there's always two options selected: one repeating-option (no repeat, repeat all, repeat one), and one shuffling-option (no shuffle, shuffle).

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
What about compilations and samplers with various artists then?
With artist name I mean the albumartist name.
On samplers etc. it is often VA or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to mase For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
People wanted it like this to continue playing the next video. You're actually the first one to mention this as a problem.

The title bar buttons consist of two sections, so yes, there's always two options selected: one repeating-option (no repeat, repeat all, repeat one), and one shuffling-option (no shuffle, shuffle).
Thanks! This helped me. I was thinking that I have some kind of problem in my N900. This is GREAT! Thank YOU!

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
thanks for the best music player on the platform. three things i'm missing:

* love/star/favorite system with a special playlist to collect these selected tracks. this current bookmark-with-star is totally counterintuitive for me. maybe if a "heart" icon is next to star, it would make more sense.
* in a looooong list of tracks (i.e. All Tracks), there is no search-by-typing
* ability to put All Tracks on the Shelf

why did All Tracks move out of Files into Albums section in the latest build?

sidenote: maemo garage really sucks as a project management tool. compare it to anything reasonable, even sourceforge. not even going to mention github or bitbucket. no rss feeds = impossible to track anything that's going on with a project. is there a thread here somewhere that tracks work and comments on garage?

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules