Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nokia launching Android Launcher...

https://www.zlauncher.com/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nokia launching Android Launcher...

https://www.zlauncher.com/
Just seen this and was surprised to learn that this IS an actual Nokia product, (not MS Nokia).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
The Elop virus strikes again. After the kill of nokias linux-phone line some years ago, today this bloodthirsty bastard increases his body count.

Victim: Nokia X Android smartphone project

Source

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v0id For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
There's still rumours from evleaks & the like that they're planning to introduce AOSP-based Lumia(s), not upper bottom-end devices like the X-range.
OR integrate an ACL, OR GFS* (instead of full-blown ACL & the downsides to that) into WP, so perhaps it's an exercise in shifting resources &/or reducing expenditure.

*Google Framework Services (much of it prolly reverse-engineered)

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-17 at 17:09.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
There's still rumours from evleaks & the like that they're planning to introduce AOSP-based Lumia(s), not upper bottom-end devices like the X-range.
OR integrate an ACL, OR GFS* (instead of full-blown ACL & the downsides to that) into WP, so perhaps it's an exercise in shifting resources &/or reducing expenditure.

*Google Framework Services (much of it prolly reverse-engineered)
Mmmh... not very likely since it was the Oulu site which was just announced to be demolished that had all the experience on that area... the very place that the X-series devices were designed in...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Doesn't mean some resources haven't been transferred already & more going forward, if it does exist it would've been worked on for ages & be nearing completion.
There's been several rumours lately from those that leak this stuff, 3 of them (Evan/Eldar/TomW -or was it PaulT) have been corroborating one another by saying basically the same stuff.
They are often wrong (especially Eldar), but they're sometimes VERY right...

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-17 at 19:25.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Elop has written yet another Message...android is a burning platform

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/...uncement2.aspx

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Elop has written yet another Message...android is a burning plattform

Let's play Bullsh1t Bingo:

'focused on productivity'

'digital life experiences'

'focus our efforts'

'add the most value'

'get things done'

'fundamental focus'

'new areas of innovation'

'embody the finest of Microsoft’s digital work'

'accruing value to Microsoft’s overall strategy'

'accomplished within an appropriate financial envelope'

'enrich the Windows application ecosystem'

'take advantage of integration opportunities'

'thoughtfully expand Windows with new interaction models'

So, to put Elop's message in plain English, Nokia will be crystalising their financial assets by taking advantage of synergies made possible by a focussed strategy in a fast moving world that enables them to take advantage of integration opportunities and accomplish their goals within an appropriate financial envelope.

Or, as we say where I come from, Nokia are laying people off to save money (which will no doubt be spent on company golf tournaments).

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2014-07-17 at 20:18.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Elop has written yet another Message...android is a burning platform

Only this time he's not urging people to jump & drown themselves in the icy waters of the north sea, I wonder why?
I thought the lemming analogy was his favourite...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
So, to put Elop's message in plain English, N̶o̶k̶i̶a̶ Microsoft will be crystalising their financial assets by taking advantage of synergies made possible by a focussed strategy in a fast moving world that enables them to take advantage of integration opportunities and accomplish their goals within an appropriate financial envelope.

Or, as we say where I come from, N̶o̶k̶i̶a̶ Microsoft are laying people off to save money (which will no doubt be spent on company golf tournaments).
There, corrected it for you

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man