Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Lez Carmen View Post
Dear Customer

Please be advised that we expect that all credit checked and approved/outstanding N900 pre-orders to be dispatched today for a pre-1pm delivery tomorrow.

Due to the popularity of this handset, and Nokia stock delays which were out of our control, we have this week shipped a huge quantity of N900’s which have stretched our staff and IT systems to the limit (which will all be upgraded in the new year in order to provide a much better service). Our web team are doing all they can to respond to individual emails and calls, but if you have already received an email advising that your N900 is ‘ready for dispatch’ you should receive it tomorrow Friday 11th December by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

If we have requested from you more information or a PAC code in order to complete your order which you have not yet sent, please contact us by email at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk clearly marking your email; ‘More Information’ or ‘PAC’ plus provide your order number.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the delays in shipping your N900.

Kind regards

David Urch
Webshop Fulfilment Manager

Nokia Retail
Unit 36 Mall Marlands
Southampton
SO14 7SJ
Web: www.nokiaretail.co.uk
Has anyone else who already has their device got this email? - just got my email a few seconds ago!

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
OMG I have sex in the palm of my hands
This isnt a forum about masturbation! haha

Good luck everyone who's still waiting. hope you all get yours today.
As for me i must go. gotta write up a report for uni, needs to be in by 3 today! :s

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
OMFGIWASABOUTTOLOGINHERETOSAYI'DRECEIVEDAMSGFROMVO DAFONESAYINGMYNUMBERWOULDBEPORTEDBY4PMTOMORROWANDT HEREWASACHAPATTHEDOORANDITWASAPOSTMANINARENTALVANG IVINGMEMYSHINYNEWN900!

Ahem.
Ordered on the 17th of November, contract, porting from O2, only received the one email from MPD, text message from Vodafone to my O2 number this morning.

Only just switched it on, so I'm off to play with it now. Hope all those still waiting need wait little longer. (As opposed to much longer)

ETA: I've since discovered MPD sent an email this morning confirming it had been posted.

Last edited by TheJ; 2009-12-10 at 14:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I just spoke to the Manchester store, he said that they are around half way through their n900 PORTS preorders already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Just spoke to a really nice guy who called me (cause I emailed the boss last night) and said that my order has been allocated to a store, the store will be receiving 500 phones today, and will be sending them out. Worst case I'll get it on Monday.

Slightly happier
Same and only ordered mine on Monday, so really couldn't be happier

Just got off the phone with David Urch (Webshop Fulfilment Manager)

1) All Nokia N900's have now been dispatched to stores.

2) The stores are working till 10pm today and 10pm tomorrow to have all phones sent out.

3) We should all recieve them tomorrow or on Saturday.

4) Just to save his back, he said although it may be Monday at the latest.

5) MPD did send the phones to the stores on a first ordered basis. However some stores were quicker than others to dispatch the phones, hence the mix up in the que.

6) He apologised to everyone here!

Right, off to work now

The Following User Says Thank You to S11RXJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
We are still relying on them, just because they didn't post on the forum it doesn't mean we still can't give them respect. (no offense) but all young_mario did was provide the email address!
Maybe what I should have said is more respect.

Karl has already posted on the forum apologizing for the delays many of us experienced. I thought that was decent of the guy to do that and hence earned some respect from the people on this thread.

However, it would have been much better if Karl or a representative from MPD posted this information directly to the board instead - it's would be good public relations to do this.
It would have been better doing it this way rather than to be announced by a third-party (Young_mario and now a few others) means many people would not have known.

I have not been sent this email and would not have known about the current developments.

To be fair, initially I did not blame MPD for all the problems they have with the n900.

I blame Nokia for the delays - the constant changing of the release date of the n900 meant is was extremely difficult for MPD to plan or implement any kind of delivery strategy.

Originally Posted by CharlieCharlie View Post
Same and only ordered mine on Monday, so really couldn't be happier
That's kind of annoying as I ordered many moons ago, but oh well, I'm happy for you too I guess..

That's kind of annoying as I ordered many moons ago, but oh well, I'm happy for you too I guess..
Cheers mate, I'd be the same if I was in your boat. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

On another note any good deals on memory cards that will fit in the phone? Got a hell of a lot of music to put on it

Originally Posted by CharlieCharlie View Post
Cheers mate, I'd be the same if I was in your boat. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

On another note any good deals on memory cards that will fit in the phone? Got a hell of a lot of music to put on it
32gb internal will do until 32gb memory card surfaces