Notices

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Is this working for anyone on pr1.3?

I can setup the network with no issues, but when I try to connect from my device it never connects.
"works for me", however see my reply above about debugging networking issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
I've been putting off updating MHS and the latest kernel because I was afraid it might stop working. Updated all a few days back and now not working... Seems to be working on the n900, but the network never appears in on laptop. Tried disabling WEP but no luck... Gahhh need to finish my online tax return today too....

Okay, so I opened terminal window, typed

apt-get update

uninstalled MHS using application manager, then rebooted, then followed the rest of these instructions:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=13

Just had my network pop up on the laptop, but then when I clicked it it said couldn't connect. I now can't get it to appear again... Hmmmm....

Hmmm... Network shows up if I don't connect to internet on n900...

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
"works for me", however see my reply above about debugging networking issues.
I got it to work again. I was using the power kernel with the wifi injection drivers (which I assumed was pretty much the same), but after I reinstalled the regular power kernel, everything worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I got it to work again. I was using the power kernel with the wifi injection drivers (which I assumed was pretty much the same), but after I reinstalled the regular power kernel, everything worked fine.
Does the power kernel update that shows up in app manager include the wifi injection drivers?

I Need to remove it all and start again I reckon..

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Does the power kernel update that shows up in app manager include the wifi injection drivers?

I Need to remove it all and start again I reckon..
No. It was a custom power kernel that I got when I donated to the creator of the drivers.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
For me Mobile Hotspot and Joikuspot are working fine with PR 1.3 and a newer Titan Kernel.

But you must know that you have to copy the ".ko" file for Joiku to get it properly working (Just search a bit in the threads).

If you get connection issues then disable the WLAN power management or set a simple ping to the target PC to prevent any possible connection timeouts

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
For me Mobile Hotspot and Joikuspot are working fine with PR 1.3 and a newer Titan Kernel.

But you must know that you have to copy the ".ko" file for Joiku to get it properly working (Just search a bit in the threads).

If you get connection issues then disable the WLAN power management or set a simple ping to the target PC to prevent any possible connection timeouts
Yep it was with me too, right up until the recent updates of the kernel and MHS.. Foolishly i installed both at the same time, so not sure which one made it stop working...

I didn't copy the .ko file before, is this a new requirement?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Yep it was with me too, right up until the recent updates of the kernel and MHS.. Foolishly i installed both at the same time, so not sure which one made it stop working...

I didn't copy the .ko file before, is this a new requirement?
Well you should copy if after you installed a custom kernel