Notices

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
This issue is back since I installed v0.0.9-30. Sometimes it does resume a route and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

When it doesn't resume, no route is shown, no voice prompts are heard and the icon that shows directions isn't visible, but if waze crashes while in this state, the next time it starts it will prompt to resume the route.

It may be that I didn't test v0.0.9-29 long enough for the problem to occur.
The only difference between v0.0.9-29 & v0.0.9-30 is the about & logging menus and the extra logging in the map tiles manager. Most likely the issue was only partially solved in 29.
I will further investigate.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Originally Posted by damagedspline
If v0.0.9-30 is installed, please raise the debug level (General Settings -> Logging), reproduce, post the postmortem file and I will look into it.
Postmorten (zipped) attached.

Thanks in advance. Hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: zip postmortem.zip (26.1 KB, 74 views)

Originally Posted by PdxDoug View Post
[/INDENT]
Postmorten (zipped) attached.

Thanks in advance. Hope this helps...
Looks like the waze navigation servers for your country are down, as in the log I can see you get the following response:
HTML Code:
<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.28 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /rtserver_v2/command</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>/rtserver_v2/command</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The requested resource (/rtserver_v2/command) is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.28</h3></body></html>
I will check why you didn't get the proper "Navigate failed" dialog as a result, but about the servers not working there is nothing much I can do...
1) Is there an active waze community in your country?
2) Do you know anyone with a Symbian phone that can install the official waze version and check if the navigate is working OK for them?

N900 users that have the navigation crashes and assist in the testing, please note:
I will update this post shortly with a special deb specific to N900 which will generate core dumps. this means that a special file is generated with all of the crash data (including pinpoint the crashed code).
It didn't work before because apparently maemo5 needs the following steps for it to generate the core file:
Code:
sudo su
echo "deb http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/tools free non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildonapplication-manager.list  
apt-get update
apt-get install sp-rich-core
exit
after that all of the applications that tend to crash will generate the compressed data in ~/MyDocs/core-dumps as long as the application was built in debug mode, which is what I am currently doing - so stay tuned!

N9/N950 users: I havn't checked yet how its achieved in Meego...

EDIT:

N900 deb is ready and you can install it from here, make sure to install the core dumper package stated above before running waze. the generated core dump file is quite big, so please send it to my email: damagedspline at gmail.

EDIT 2:

N9/N950 deb is also ready and you can get it from here. The dependency is similar to N900 - sp-rich-core for Harmattan needs to be installed but it is broken (atleast in PR1.3), so if someone finds instructions on how to install it, please share!

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-08-18 at 12:33. Reason: N900/N9/N950 debug packages added

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
The dependency is similar to N900 - sp-rich-core for Harmattan needs to be installed but it is broken (atleast in PR1.3), so if someone finds instructions on how to install it, please share!
What do you mean it is broken?
I suggest you start a new thread in case someone knows the answer but doesn't follow this one.

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
This issue is back since I installed v0.0.9-30. Sometimes it does resume a route and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out a pattern yet.
I think I have it figured out now.

After a crash, if I tap Yes to resume the route it does not resume, however, if I leave it to time out and default to Yes, it does resume the route.

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
Looks like the waze navigation servers for your country are down, as in the log I can see you get the following response:
HTML Code:
<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.28 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /rtserver_v2/command</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>/rtserver_v2/command</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The requested resource (/rtserver_v2/command) is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.28</h3></body></html>
I will check why you didn't get the proper "Navigate failed" dialog as a result, but about the servers not working there is nothing much I can do...
1) Is there an active waze community in your country?
2) Do you know anyone with a Symbian phone that can install the official waze version and check if the navigate is working OK for them?
Yes, United States. Had employee install on Waze (v3.2.2.2) from Google Play on Android (V2.2) phone. Navigation works perfectly on Android and fails on Nokia N900.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
as i joined foursquare...i tried to use checkin with foursquare in waze...i put my login credentials but then appear a message saying is not able to connect to foursquare try later. api changed?

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
as i joined foursquare...i tried to use checkin with foursquare in waze...i put my login credentials but then appear a message saying is not able to connect to foursquare try later. api changed?
I don't know. basically when you provide your credentials of facebook/twitter/foursquare, they are passed to their servers when you start the application. All of the logic is happening on their servers which is not open source.
Thats how it worked in v2.4 and that is most likely how it still works in newer versions...

My house content is still wrapped in boxes (my dev machine is in one of them), so I hope to check it next week when I finish unwrapping most of them...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
I have several days off before I start working at Intel.

As such, I am using this time to work on Waze.
I am postponing the crashes handling to a later time and currently work on the hardest and most complicated task ever: Convert the UI to QML.

In the attached screenshot you can see a small proof-of-concept that I have done and TADA - full portrait mode is now an option!

The buttons are in QML and the map is a custom QDeclarativeItem, both are working.

Whats left before a new release is to remake all of the various menus in QML.
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post: