Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Since there have been no complaints about the package since I uploaded to Extras-Devel, I'm going to move it into the Extras repository. Then you'll be able to download it with any standard N8x0. I'm very close (within a day or less) of getting it uploaded. One more Extras-Devel version to make sure I don't break the repository with a small change I made to the package, then onwards to Extras!

Irongeek, you can probably find a kismet.conf that works well in the last few pages of The Kismet Thread

EDIT: Looks like you're already over there, trying to get help...

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-13 at 00:06.

trying version .9.9 now...

Seems to have done the trick.

OK now I'm getting an out of space error. The thing is on a 4GB card. I wouldn't by chance have to clone the IT OS to the SD card would I?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please upgrade to 0.9.10 and run the image installer again... I'm so embarrassed... I fixed one bug and added another one...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Please upgrade to 0.9.10 and run the image installer again... I'm so embarrassed... I fixed one bug and added another one...
Odd. If my Maemo Extras explicitly calls out chinook and diablo, the newest version I see is 0.9.4 ... I had to disable this repository and run your x.install file to install 0.9.10

I have 0.9.4 in Extras-Devel; Do you have that repository enabled?

I have 0.9.4 in Extras-Devel; Do you have that repository enabled?
No, but you're right, I think that's the one I may have disabled instead by accident. However, when I ran the .install file, it says it had to add the repository... interestingly, I suppose then that I already had it. Though, now I have two Maemo Extras repositories active: the one installed by .install and the one I had (calling out chinook and diablo.) So, I don't know what's going on.

I'm still having trouble getting the image install to work. It keeps crashing on extract. I'm booting off the SD card... is this install supported on that?

hordeman, it really sounds like (1) you don't have 1.1GB free space left on your SD card, or (2) your SD card has gotten corrupted and needs to be repaired.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
hordeman, it really sounds like (1) you don't have 1.1GB free space left on your SD card, or (2) your SD card has gotten corrupted and needs to be repaired.
Yes, and once again, I think you are right. I was using my 2GB PQI 60x card... freshly formatted before each install. Of course, those installs failed. So, I used my 2GB PQI 150x card... also freshly formatted (via Windows this time). This time, it installed flawlessly. Either the previous card is corrupt or just isn't fast enough to keep up with the install. Thanks for all your hard work and help on this!

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, easy debian, obsolete